Sunday, 1 November 2009

Sunday arvo

It's been a lovely few days.

I went with Three to pay for his air fare and accomodation for his Bali trip on Friday.  He and a mate have coughed up for the other two friends who are going who have to pay rent and things and therefore don't have the readies yet but I know they'll get it back.  They are a really good group of friends.

On Friday evening we went to our favourite Vietnamese restaurant with our usual partners in crime and had a great meal and a great time.  Home in time to watch the recorded episode of Midsomer Murders.  Bliss.

Yesterday we went to the butcher and touched base with the Mermaid.  Hopefully she will be out of that damned shop this week.  The ex and his new wife have finally agreed to stump up with some cash and take the business over.  Couldn't go to a better couple!  Their arrogance and belief that they can do no wrong and know soooo much about small business will stand them in good stead to run a struggling business *snigger*!

In the afternoon I went shopping with Sooz.  I bought some tops, a new lippy and a popcorn machine.  And some new towels.

Today was a spuddling day getting bits and pieces done. Including buying a new chair for Two (and one for me for the sewing room - the cheap stool from Ikea is the pits!).  We went to 0fficeworks and found one we liked only to be told they had none in stock.  This really makes my blood boil as it happens all the time with that store.  I asked if they could see if any other store had any and was told they hadn't.  It would take 4 days to get stock from the warehouse (they have stock in the warehouse but none in their stores?) and I would have to pay up front.  Normally I wouldn't quibble about that sort of thing but all the 'assistants' bar one were so unhelpful it bordered on rude.  The one helpful one was going to ring another store to find out if they had any but was told by the others that there were none available.  So we left empty handed.  On the way home we decided to drive a bit further and see if there were any other chairs at another branch that we might like (I refused to deal with store #1 cos of their lack of customer service).  Lo and behold store #2 had THREE of the chairs we liked (at least).  AND they were helpful.  And surprised that store #1 hadn't rung to check as they often get those sort of calls.  So we have two lovely chairs waiting to be assembled and Himself went back to store #1 to complain and was dealt with by an apologetic duty manager who will have a word with those involved.  But I will not go back there again if I can help it.

Roast beef in the oven.  Boys on their way over.  And only one day of work this week.

All in all a very good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. What do ya bet Store #1 do not change... just don't go there! Customer Service is really important... they are fools.
    Glad you got the chairs you wanted.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE that bloody machine... it is the National Distributors that are being the arses! I bought it from one of their shops here in Auckland, and every time it's gone back it's gone back to the Main Distributor's repairman at the headquarters! Pfffft. I am SO BLOODY WELL OVER the machine saga I tell ya! It is GOING BACK.. cos it has jammed up twice so far today, and that is TWICE too many times. TOMORROW IS IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I'm doing the third comment on THIS update of yours too!
    YOu have a life! It's watching my SOAP OPERA! Among other things of course! lol
    Thanks for the support, I think I'm in for a wee battle with the boss man of that shop!

    ReplyDelete