Thursday, 16 September 2021

Maybe tomorrow

 Still no visit to meet Alice. I feel a tad sad as I would have thought we would be invited over (they are still with her parents which is 2km from here) and friends have been over. But I must remember we are the "other" grandparents. As I said this morning, it's times like this I miss not having a daughter. Andrew put things in perspective for me and I am now having a green ant gin and tonic. Yes, the gin has green ants and their eggs in it. I almost needed a drink to try it but it's interesting and not unpleasant. I haven't swallowed an ant yet, though.

3 comments:

  1. WTF is green ant gin? Also having daughters isn't everything it's cracked up to be. I know, I have four of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gin made in Queensland with green ants in it! It has a distinct, citrusy flavour. So far no ants have caught in my throat. I guess ants get into everything up there so they may as well run with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you are just lower down the rung for a new baby visit. Depend on your son. He will come through.

    ReplyDelete