Thursday, 16 September 2021

Still waiting

Discharge happened later than expected and everyone was very tired so I told Three we would wait until today to meet Alice. I am waiting to here from him. He did send me a lovely video of Sally meeting her sister for the first time. She will be a great big sister.

Amy very kindly invited me to "tag team" with her mum but as it turned out that wouldn't have been allowed. I also felt she might feel a bit awkward with her mother in law there. It's at times like this I wish I had a daughter. I love my boys to bits and am blessed with great daughters in law but I sometimes wonder it would like to have had a mother daughter relationship. Which is funny because my relationship with my mother was strained to say the least.

I am feeling very uncomfortable in my skin at the moment. Season changes (especially cool to warm) always affect me and it is most unpleasant. Without the distraction of seeing friends and family it seems worse this year. Hooray for online friends.


2 comments:

  1. Indeed hooray for online friends.

    My youngest sibling is a girl and my mother was so pleased with her imagining going clothes shopping together, showing her how to apply makeup, teaching her rudimentary cooking skills etc. However Sister showed very little interest in any of these areas and taught herself to cook later when she needed to. Mother complains that Sister bosses her around. Sister bosses everyone around. She has to be forceful at school teaching senior boys. There you go, my partner will say, always defending her. I am not defending her. I am suggesting a reason.

    As you say, what you imagine it might be like having a daughter, may not have turned out like that.

    PS. This should go to air on the 22nd of this month. My sister is the blonde curly haired one.

    https://highriser.blogspot.com/2021/03/busy-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, one of our favourite shows. I shall watch with added interest.

    ReplyDelete