Thursday, 30 June 2022

50% ain't bad

At the beginning of the year I set myself a task to put up a blog post every day for a year.

I have made it to 6 months. 

I am not sure if I have it in me to do everyday for a year. 

Some days I find it hard to talk to myself let alone anyone else!

Last night's pizza was meh. Again, I think I overloaded the base. I really need to practice with the oven a bit more.

The lemonade scones were a hit. Next time I will reduce the recipe by half as it made 14. I will also try it with soda water as I found the lemonade made them a bit too sweet for my liking. Three asked if they would work with raspberry lemonade. I can't see why not. They would be pink and small girls would love them.

Even the small girl with one tooth! Finally. She is 9 and a half months old.

I somehow stumbled on a blog written by an American chap with two severely disabled children. He stopped writing in 2015. His story is heartbreaking. Not because of the children but because of the hoops he had to jump through to ensure their care and safety. He looked after his daughter and his son was in residential care. I have spent hours over the past few days reading it from start to finish and I think that is one reason why I am feeling a bit flat. 

Tomorrow I plan to go to craft. Our group is shrinking. 

15 comments:

  1. Are you all on diets?? 😊😊
    In the past I’ve had a go at ‘post a day for a month’ but unless you write some in advance it’s an awful drag on your time. I then go back to 3 times a week…..then get all these ideas for posts again. I find it hard to do daily everyday life - off the cuff posts….as you obviously gather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and congratulations at reaching this far….. You’ll manage another 26 weeks No problem at all

      Delete
    2. Himself has the sweet tooth. I just enjoy the baking process. But I do need to lose a considerable amount of weight.
      I really enjoy blogging as it makes me feel connected. No one needs extra pressure in their lives, though!

      Delete
    3. lol the diet remark was in reply to your ‘our group is shrinking’ statement.
      Why don’t you try every other day posts?

      Delete
    4. You can tell I am a bit sensitive!

      Delete
  2. I make scones just with self raising flour and cream.
    Never fail
    I try to post often but I just don’t have an exciting enough life
    Don’t get me wrong. I like boring. Boring is safe just not great for a blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not boring. I love reading about your life. You are quiet and self contained!

      Delete
  3. If you are struggling for blog topic each day, a weather forecast would be helpful. No matter how many times I hear it and see it, only the written sinks in.

    Son three asks his mother for advice? You must be held in more respect than my mother is by her children.

    I won't look at the blog you linked to. The world is full of pain as daily media tells me. I don't need more, let alone really personal...aside from that from my blogmates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could look out the window and tell you what I see. It's probably as accurate as you will get!
      Three is a much better cook than his mum. Most advice I get asked for is medical and generally the result of something stupid (mainly One!)

      Delete
  4. I used to read his blog as well. He he had another blog as well and was diagnosed with bowel cancer a few years ago and stopped blogging as far as I know. I often wonder how he's doing. I know he remarried another blogger, a woman from Canada with a disabled daughter. Small world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be through you I found him, I just can't remember which blog it was. He is an inspiring man.

      Delete
  5. https://disableddad.com/

    Here's a link to his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read a number of blogs, where the writer is indicating they are "down". There are many negative things in the world these days, not going to list too depressing. Lemonade scones sound yummy. recipe please.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is depressing and there is sad but inspiring. I have to be in the right frame of mind for both.
      I will post the scones in today's blog.

      Delete