Himself came with me to pick Sally up from school. She proceeded to inform us that trees that lose their leaves in winter are called deciduous (not bad for a 5 year old) and those that don't are called forevergreen. Which is what I will now call them.
He has now taken her to her mum's work and will go to the supermarket on the way home. We are having left over curry from the other night and I will make a chicken stock with the carcass from last night and tomorrow it will become a chicken and sweet corn soup. With some home made rolls tomorrow night's dinner is sorted. Friday is the wedding so I won't have to think about meals til Saturday at the earliest. I don't mind cooking - I just hate the thinking about it.
I used to think my mother was a bit weird. She planned a six week menu which she repeated. We knew what we were having for dinner (it was on the fridge) and she didn't have to think about what to cook. It also made budgeting easier. I used to do something similar when the kids were little but with just two of us I can't be bothered and someone who shall remain nameless but shares the bathroom won't eat if it's not what he feels like.
Me: "What do you want for dinner?"
Forevergreen. Love it. I’m going to use it too
ReplyDeleteEven though the cold reqlly ups my pain levels I do love it
Especially as I don’t have to go out if I don’t want too
It is unfair how weather affects us - especially if it's weather we love. Hope you're staying warm and cosy.
DeleteI like forevergreen too. Well done that girl.
ReplyDeleteHave started wearing your winter spencer yet?
My partner is the same about cooking. He only needs to ask me and I will come with one or more suggestions, and on rare occasions one of them is I will cook. So fried rice it is then, although buying ham hocks was recently mentioned and that means I make my annual pea and ham soup, the soup taking three days to make. It is to die for.
Recipe for pea and ham soup please. It sounds yum. I don't even own a winter woolly.
DeleteI think there might be a trend happening here….forevergreen is a great description. One I might use myself.
ReplyDeleteCooking and Catherine have a love/hate relationship- I love to eat but hate to cook. Needs must some days so pumpkin soup is my winter go to….makes loads, freezes well, feeds us on more than occasion (not day after day) and tastes good. We do eat other stuff but really does come in handy for those ‘hungry but can’t be bothered days’ ( rolls or crackers plus fruit on the side)
If someone was to grant me one wish it would be for an in-house cook (or maybe a cleaner)
I love pumpkin soup. I make it with either curry powder or ginger and add a tin of coconut milk. I have to be in the mood for cooking so will make extra for those can't be bothered days where we eat from the freezer. I would go cleaner - it's a thankless never ending chore.
DeleteThat picture is so adorable
ReplyDeleteThat was from me... Peta
ReplyDeleteThanks, Peta. She is a special dog!
Delete