Tuesday, 31 January 2023

Life

A cat and his dog. 







Last week Murphy was lying under the dining room table and jumped up when he heard Jinx bark. This was the result ....

We now have 4 broken windows. One when we bought the place, one as a result of a stone when Himself was whipper snipping the front, one when the kitchen reno was happening and now this one. The one that was here when we moved in has been made worse when a bird flew into it. Should I just smash the lot and get them all replaced?


I did some more weaving today with the extra yarn I bought yesterday. 



 It looks much better in the flesh, as I have mentioned before. The pops of colour are lovely. 


And that, my friends, is it from me tonight. I am dealing with some issues with Three and my mind is taken up with them. Kids. Do we ever stop worrying?

Tomorrow I may or may not get to post as I am catching up with Fave Sis in Law and then picking other brother up from hospital after he has a stent removed after a kidney stone removal (the stone had completely blocked the ureter and his kidney was blowing up with fluid hence the stent to drain the kidney). Fave sis in law doesn't drive and hospitals won't let you go home on or in public transport. I get twitchy when I don't post every day but I will never be in the exalted company of those who do  so I need to get over myself!

Oh ... I had my optometrist appointment today. I was convinced I needed a new script for my specs as I have been struggling to focus. My script is the same. The cataract in my right eye is worse and I have a new one in my left eye. I see the ophthalmologist in May.

22 comments:

  1. I have had worsening cataracts for a couple of years (well, a few years) and it got so bad I didn't feel comfortable driving. I just had the cataract "interventions" and it is absolutely wonderful - near perfect vision overnight and colors I hadn't appreciated for years. Do it as soon as it is offered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that feedback. I will be nagging him to do it.

      Delete
  2. Get rid of those cateracts asap . Quick, if you can get an appt, so easy and the results are amazing. I'm waiting for the 2nd eye. More money under-the-table here. So worth it. And you don't have to get naked!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping he will do them. At least there is no money under the table here!

      Delete
  3. Our cats and dogs loved each other in the winter when all would cuddle up in front of the space heater in 90s.

    Time to get a glazier out, methinks.

    I have the same issue as your brother. I hope it is only a stone and not cancer. I should know by Wednesday next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for you, Andrew.
      Himself is hoping to save some money by getting someone from Amy's work to do the glazing but they aren't getting back to him. Time to put my foot down.

      Delete
  4. I really like the look of your woven fabric - (to me) it doesn’t look like scarf fabric…..more like a lightweight waistcoat.
    Best decision I ever made was to act on the ophthalmologist’s suggestion of sooner rather than later (aided by the fact he wouldn’t give me a new lens script).
    There’s just one improvement I wasn’t so impressed with…. I seemed to have aged overnight. I could see lines on my face that I’m sure weren’t there the day before😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sock yarn weight and is quite light.
      I hope my bloke agrees with me that it's time to get them done. I just won't put the fan on in the bathroom and the mirror can steam up!

      Delete
  5. I do love a good mixed-species relationship.
    I think your weaving is coming along beautifully. It looks very fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. This is a very mixed household!

      Delete
  6. I remember my mum telling me her glasses were no good, she still couldn't see and that's when we noticed the cataracts. My husband just had one removed last June, he only had the one, and it was very fast growing. Improved his eyesight but not his outlook:)

    The weaving is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a nice fabric you're weaving there. I enlarged the picture to see it better, and now I can tell it's going to drape very well as a scarf. The color bits are nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz. Praise from you is very high indeed.

      Delete
  8. Sometimes I think I should skip a day just to take the pressure off. :)

    Love the cat & dog together! I wish Olga got along that well with cats. Alas, she does not. (Though I'm sure familiarity would lessen her aggression.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats were fostered with large dogs so they were very in your face when we got them. Our dogs were a bit wary as our previous cat only tolerated them. Now they are the best of mates. The first time in years of dog and cat ownership.

      Delete
  9. No, we never stop worrying about our kids :) I too have the beginnings of cataracts, oh the joy. I know my sight has deteriorated lately, sadly, Life indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was convinced I needed new glasses as I really struggle with fine print. But no. Apparently that is another sign of cataracts.

      Delete
  10. Your posts are always entertaining and some of your commentators are quite funny too! I always get a laugh, keeps me coming back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. The comments are always worth reading!

      Delete
  11. No. As mothers we never stop.
    I’d do a big claim for all windows that way you only pay one excess fee.
    Drive safe.

    ReplyDelete