Thursday, 5 January 2023

Still weary

It was very interesting reading everyone's experiences and opinions of the internet. It seems so many of us have made close friends as a result of it.

Today I went to my favourite yarn shop in Hastings with J and C. We bought more yarn, sat and knitted for a bit and had lunch at our favourite cafe.

All good things. 

I came home and baked a loaf of bread and prepared dinner - spicy chilli beans - and we played a couple of games of scrabble.

For some reason I am very, very tired. This week I have tweaked our appalling eating habits and that might account for some of it - withdrawal from processed sugary crap and too much wine. I will give it another couple of weeks and then go and see the doctor if the weariness doesn't lift.

So I am going to love and leave you and go and try to knit a sock without making too many mistakes.

I will, however, leave you with this. It took my breath away. 



22 comments:

  1. Sensual skating really, rather good to watch..
    Cant here be such a thing as too much wine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wine hasn't gone for good. Just giving things a rest. The wine isn't the problem (coff coff) it's the snacking that accompanies it!

      Delete
  2. For some reason several people gave us gifts of large boxes of chocolate- for some reason The Golfer thinks they ‘won’t keep’ and need to be eaten- now. Could be the reason for…..well for lots of things especially the rise In the needle on the bathroom scales!

    I used to roller skate….many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had so much chocolate plus my baking frenzy results. Fortunately I can avoid sweet things most of the time and have fed the grandchildren (apparently the two we had the other day took many hours to come back to earth - I blame my mental stimulation) and Himself can have the rest. He needs to lose weight too but does so faster than me so a bit of gentle sabotage here!
      I roller skated as a kid - never managed blades. They were dangerous.

      Delete
  3. Baking bread in the machine as I read...lol
    LOVE this rendition Sounds of Silence! And I've not seen this pair skate together before! Well done!
    hughugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disturbed do it better than Simon and Garfunkle and that is saying a lot.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes resting is all we need. I was just reading another blog where the author, a wise woman, was saying how much the last few years had taken out of her. I think that's true for us all even if we don't see it clearly. Also the current political situation in the UK at least is horrendous and depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are all recovering from 3 years of hell in many forms. I don't think UK are the only ones suffering with political craziness. It seems to be endemic world wide. Maybe it's the nature of the job that attracts the incompetent.

      Delete
  5. That bit of film may be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Their grace, their strength, their trust- unbelievable. Thank you.
    Rest, lady. Listen to your body. You are tired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you have covid? I can't remember. That can leave you with fatigue, so can so many other things though. Perhaps a visit to the doctor is in order. Thank you for the lovely figure skating video. They are so beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Covid in June last year. I did experience the awful tiredness afterwards. I am glad you liked the skaters.

      Delete
  7. I repeat Pixie's question. My sister, 85, had Covid and got over it, she's had all her shots. Then a month later came down with something, sounds like what you are fighting. Her biggest complaint has been exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Pixie, I had it in June last year. Not to say I haven't had it since because I haven't been THAT unwell nor have I tested (until the family got it and then I was negative).

      Delete
  8. Beautiful skaters! Thank you, never saw this pair before. I'm old, remember early Olympics with the Protopopovs, long married Russian couple, won everything. And, here's my point: invented some of the moves you just saw here! Some were banned at first as too dangerous. But see how they're still being executed, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing aren't they? And their reaction at the end is so lovely.

      Delete
  9. The Stalker

    Tiredness…Too much boiled fruit cake? Mum in law gave me the posh baked version… delicious as well but no lethargy though…..many quick walkies …abundance of caution stuff …and a couple of kilos lighter ….well maybe a few grams lighter🤣good wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stalk. Probably too much cheese and pate and nuts and other savoury treats! The walkies would help but my back is knackered at the moment. Catch 22.

      Delete
    2. I was trying to be subtle..the walkies were quick and urgent….to the loo🤣🤣

      Delete
  10. I think it’s just at time of year. All the excitement and yes all the sweeties after Christmas and we just have a lull. Rest and relaxation is what we need. And lots of knitting of socks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon, diet can certainly affect our energy. OMG, that skating was unreal and of course, that's just an amazing version of Sounds of Silence (I think you'd shared you love of that version before).

    ReplyDelete