Wednesday, 11 January 2023

Witless Wednesday


A late post today. I didn't do much but I did warp my loom with some yarn I fell in love with yesterday. After doing it I had a thought that it might not work. Oh well, win some lose some and if you don't try you don't learn.

Two games of scrabble (one all) and a yummy dinner of chicken with satay sauce and salad.

So in lieu of anything from my brain I give you some snaps from my phone.

On Saturday I cooked a beef rendang and while I was chopping the meat I had Murphy on my left ...


... and Max on my right. They have learned that there are often little bits that fall on the floor when I cook!



The sunsets have been spectacular. 



My friend in Junee very kindly has agreed to put me up when I travel to NSW. She has a pool and being February in central NSW it will be hot. Today I bit the bullet and ordered a swimsuit. I have no idea if it will fit but nothing ventured nothing gained. I have enough time to get another if necessary and it wasn't that expensive compared to many. I will look nothing like this but you get the idea~


And finally I leave you with the TWENTY DOLLAR BUCKS grin.


 Hopefully tomorrow I will have make the time to write something decent.

20 comments:

  1. The Stalker…swimsuits argh! I need a new one too . I reckon D and C know it’s a happening thing when Mum cooks .! Good wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max thinks he's a dog and Murphy is his role model.
      I loathe swimsuit shopping. Fingers crossed the online venture works but I have strong doubts.

      Delete
  2. I don't even own a swimsuit anymore...Good for you!
    The twenty dollar grin...Lolol...she's adorable.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, the last swimsuit I bought was for my rehab after my knee replacement. Before that I honestly can't remember.

      Delete
  3. Animals are smart -- they know where to position themselves to grab some food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also know not to actually enter food prep area. They just lie there and stare at me.

      Delete
  4. Any chance of a picture of your loom? The smile is at least a $20 one! or maybe a $million..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, it is a basic rigid heddle. I would love a bigger one but cost and space.

      Delete
  5. I like what Boud said!
    Bathing suits. Why can't we just swim naked? I doubt some of us would look any worse.
    And I too would like to see your loom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Liz, the loom is nothing special or fancy. Some purists would even debate if it should actually be called a loom!
      Swimming naked wouldn't really bother me but it might upset others!

      Delete
  6. What a handsome dog! the bathing suit looks nice. I've bought all of mine online for the last few years and they've been fine. Lack of choice in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz. He is rather good looking. A bit lacking in the bit between the ears but still a gorgeous beast. I am buying more and more on line these days for exactly that reason.

      Delete
  7. Your Murphy is so beautiful. Does he have a brother called Jesus?
    Love your floors too, they're gorgeous, as is your granddaughter's smile. I told Jack that his teeth would fall out one day and he looked horrified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look that one up! I take it that is the polite Canadian way of expressing what an Australian would say that would make the air turn blue!
      Did you remember to tell Jack they will grown back bigger and better?

      Delete
  8. I have got to get a bathing suit also, the one you showed is lovely, just my style.
    That is a million $ smile, such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat. She is a bit delightful. I shall let you know the verdict when the swimsuit arrives.

      Delete
  9. From a very young age dogs learn about the preparation of human food and the force of gravity, and they would probably know about human physiology and hand tremors too nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guessing my dogs would love living at your place? They do like it when Alice visits as her food never stays on her highchair.

      Delete
  10. Looks like the bathers I use. I like having the skirt. Makes me feel less indecent
    Our posts don’t Abe to be earth shattering every time. That’s the beauty of blogging. It’s exactly like life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely wanted something to cover up. Was thinking of going hijab!

      Delete