Saturday 19th April at noon and this place will, hopefully, go under the hammer. For a good price. We're not after record breakers ... just enough to ease the mortgage load.
Nance suggested freezing a water bottle and rolling it with my feet. I will try this. I am running out of half full bags of frozen food!
At the risk of sounding like a total dork I have to admit I felt a frisson of excitement when I saw that she had left a comment!! As I did when Miz S first left a comment. It's like getting an autograph from a favourite author. That's me. Total dork!!!
The feet are improving. I think the combination of no exercise, stretches and that nasty massage (followed by ice - aaaah, bliss) is finally helping. I see the podiatrist on Friday and will get the orthotics which should help even further.
Back to the house. We signed on Monday with the agent I mentioned in my last entry. Part of the service they offer is a consultation with a person who tells you how best to present your home for sale (referred to as a clutter nazi!!). She is coming around next Wednesday. I can't be here but Himself will be. So I really want to get the place looking good. Himself doesn't seem to have the same sense of urgency that I do. I'm getting the carpets cleaned on Friday and will then decided whether I need to get one room replaced. I hope not because that will cut things very fine as the photographer will be coming around the 14th March. The property will go on the internet on Easter weekend and then we start the 4 week campaign the week after Easter.
I am fluctuating between exhilaration and total anxiety. I am looking forward to moving and having the lifestyle change but we have been here for 20 years and this is where my kids grew up (in two different houses but the same address). I guess I'm worried that we'll move down the peninsular and then I'll want to go home. Only home won't be here any more. Because of the date of the auction we will almost certainly have to rent. This is good as we will rent closer to where we are building (cheaper rents than around here) which will give us a chance to acclimatise and moving into a brand new home will have to be an improvement on a rental property. I will also get an idea of what travel to work will be like before my secondment expires and can decide whether to return to my original position or apply for work at a closer hospital. Or we could win the lottery and I could retire. Right.
We had to trace contacts of a potential chicken pox patient today. Busy, frustrating but interesting. Why on earth don't health care workers know their immunisation status? I can understand the average person who wouldn't necessarily realise the significance of some of these diseases but DOCTORS and NURSES who work in an EMERGENCY DEPT. for crissakes!?
Dinner's ready.
I'm really excited for you. And I totally get what you are saying about the anxiety/exhilaration of leaving the past behind and moving on to a new phase of your life.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, you are a dork to have been excited when I first left a comment.
What miz s said. :)
ReplyDelete