I caught up with another couple of friends for lunch at L'arte today. I took the table runners in that I had made. I was very hesitant as I kept second guessing myself as to whether they were any good. Sharon loved them. She wanted to give me money but I said no. Then she said she'd shout me lunch. Again, I said no need. Wait and see if they sell first. She was adamant they will sell and insisted the three of us had lunch on the house. I was more thrilled that she liked them. She sent me a text thanking me again. I am so happy. Once I have finished my current project I'll whip out some glittery ones for Christmas.
Three rang today to say that Amy is much better and thanked me again. Any time, mate. He sounded exhausted so something else for this mother to worry about!
It's been raining all day and the next few days look like more of the same. Now that our flooding issues have been fixed I say bring it on. Tomorrow I will bake and weave.
Tonight we are having pies from L'arte, a chocolate brownie with ice cream and a local red wine. The dogs love it when we have dessert as they get to lick the bowls. Spoilt?
It's so nice to catch up with friends isn't it, glad you had a lovely lunch.
ReplyDeleteNew Mum's need a break once in awhile, Grandma to the rescue.
Dinner ....sounds yummy.
My other grandkids are either interstate or get looked after by their other grandmother so these two are very special and I am touched that the parents reach out to me.
DeleteYou may have posted them already but I'd love to see photos of your table runners. I've never tried weaving.
ReplyDeleteI'll see if I can find some photos. I forgot to take one of all the runners. Weaving is very relaxing but if you choose a complicated design it is also challenging. I knit and crochet as well but weaving is my drug of choice at the moment.
Delete