Wednesday, 10 November 2021

Fuzzy head

The GP I saw yesterday was wonderful so I now have 2 GPs I can see at this clinic. My blood pressure wasn't high which was really surprising. I have to check it at the chemist and compare with her machine and mine. How awesome if mine is reading high. But I doubt it. She has doubled my anxiety/depression medication and I have the expected fuzziness in my head which will last for a few days. Blood tests (which won't be good) and a review in a fortnight for the results and to discuss a bone scan as I am of that age when a fall could break something - and I am at a higher risk of falls. Getting older has whiskers on it.

My first full bowl of roses for the season ...



They smell beautiful. I made a point of planting scented roses as I can't see why you wouldn't grow roses for their scent.

After my squishy cuddles yesterday I came home and made a batch of spicy bean soup with spinach and some rolls using Black Beauty. She performed like a charm and the rolls were pretty damn good. 

Today I will get some more bread mixes and tonight we will have pizza with home made dough. I will also make some cinnamon sugar cookies.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

So I went to the supermarket and did a bit of googling before I went and the consensus is pizza bases are better if chilled in the fridge overnight. So we will be having pizza tomorrow night and pesto baked chicken and veges tonight. Coles have 800gm packets of capiscum for just over $8 which is cheaper than buying them colour by colour and if you are lucky you get all three varieties. Zucchini have been in short supply so I grabbed a couple of them. Two nights dinner sorted and I bought a sour dough rye bread mix to try Obviously not a true sour dough but that is on my bucket list.

* * * * * * * * * * * 

The biscuits were a success. I swear the mice must have got in the biscuit barrel as Himself denies all knowledge of the rapid decrease in numbers. I made the pizza dough and put it in the fridge only to have it try to escape its container. It is now in a larger container. Who would have thought!

It is wine o'clock and I am off to prepare dinner.

4 comments:

  1. I think it must be mice that bite off the tails of left over lamb chops here. Twixt table and fridge, the fat tails disappear. Yeah, must be mice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enjoyed your blog today - you are so funny! That's an interesting chest your roses are sitting on. Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. I bought it from my psychologist as it didn't suit the spot she wanted it for. I'm not sure what it's providence is but it's a bit quirky and I love it.

      Delete