Pat asked what a slab of beer is. It's 24 cans or stubbies generally packed like this picture. Often shrink wrapped in plastic or placed in a cardboard box. I am not a beer drinker although a cold frothy on a hot day goes down a treat. One has started brewing his own and I must say it is very nice. Gin and wine tend to be my poison of choice but I think I need to give the wine away for a while until I can shift this weight. It goes down way too easily. The wine, not the weight, sadly.
The plumber is here and installing the agi pipe. Himself is helping. The whole place is looking really good but it does show up the bits that need a bit of TLC. Oh well, summer is on its way so we can do more outside and spruce the place up. I sat on the deck with a very nice chardonnay last evening. It was most pleasant.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
I think Himself quite enjoyed being the helper this week. He is absolutely knackered though. The drainage is in and the turf replaced and top-sowed with grass seed.
The radar shows rain but it's missing us. I can feel the barometer dropping. I can always tell as it's going down. I feel weird.
Murphy is on the mend. The redness and swelling has gone down but he is still tender. The Stig is also fine although still not jumping. Well, he tries and misses. But he's getting higher each day. He chased a bird in the front garden. Speaking of birds a bloody myna got in the house and couldn't find its way out. Jinx was chasing it and jumping at it and at one point caught it in her mouth. I was chasing her screaming obscenities at the top of my voice. Finally caught the bird in a towel and took it outside where it flew away. Bloody things. I was saying a lot worse than bloody. A LOT worse!
Worse than bloody? Damn and botheration perhaps. It wasn't really a day for unannounced visitors to drop in then.
ReplyDeleteI hope the young plumber wasn't too offended by the salty language coming from this sexagenarian.
DeleteThanks for the explanation of a slab, that is what we call a case and its packaged like your slab.
ReplyDeleteAustralian language is descriptive if nothing else!
DeleteI buy my beer in a carton of 15 as that is all I can carry! That was quite the adventure with the myna bird. Does it happen often?
ReplyDeleteSadly yes. They can get in through the smallest gap if the door isn't closed properly and then the stupid things can't get out. We are going to hang sparkly things on the deck to deter them. I'd let Jinx catch them but shudder at the mess I'd have to clean up - and I'm not that cruel.
Delete