It's half past 12 on Sunday and I have been up since 9. I slept in the spare room as the night before I was very fidgety and managed to kick Himself in a rather sensitive spot. As he yelled an appropriate obscenity, given the circumstances, I decided that the spare room was safer for both until the restlessness passes which it will in a day or so.
I have done nothing other than faff about on the computer which really irks me. Oh, I have completed a couple of sudoku and code crackers which keep the mind going.
I toasted a slice of yesterday's bread and had half with peanut butter and half with butter and vegemite. Store bought bread just doesn't compare for flavour. If I am going to keep this up I will have to find a cheaper way. Probably buy the flour in bulk and add the improver. It's still cheaper than a bakery loaf.
After the plumber installed the tap yesterday we have been left with an annoying tap knock so Himself has gone to Bunnings looking for a solution.
It's fffffffreezing here today. Neighbours have their open fires going and it smells very wintery for November. It should be beach weather but I'm not complaining.
* * * * * * * * *
The rain is back. Our power keeps dropping in and out. .
I found a couple of over ripe bananas so a batch of muffins was whipped up. Very nice. But not kind to the waist line.
Himself has gone to the supermarket for me. For some reason I am out of flour! I asked him to get another bread mix to try. I like the sound of brioche.
Weaving is coming along slowly. I should stop digging through my stash to find the next few projects and concentrate on finishing this. And that is what I shall so right now.
It feels like Autumn. I wish it was
Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog
ReplyDeleteI used to make my own bread, the old fashioned way hand kneeding and all
It was cheaper by the loaf but my kids ate twice as much so it really didn’t end up being cheaper at all lol
At least it was healthier
Anything home made goes quickly I find! As you say, at least you know what they're eating.
DeleteI hate the nights when I have "restless legs syndrome". Sounds like that is what you had. Banana muffins sound like a treat. Any leftovers?
ReplyDeleteI had one, three went home with a son and his family and husband had one for breakfast. If you hurry you can have the last one!
Delete