Whoops! I forgot to post yesterday so you get yesterday and today!
Friday ....
We went and saw Mother in Law. She has lost weight especially in the face but she can afford to. She was thrilled to see us and seemed OK. No doolally talk and remembered that my brother has a place in Italy and asked if they were travelling yet. She needed new shoes so I took some of mine down for her to try but my feet are smaller than hers so we hot-footed over to Karingal where there is a William's outlet and I bought 2 pairs (2nd half price). We also popped into Miller's and I got her 3 pairs of slacks and 3 summer tops. The clothes she is wearing are stained and need replacing so she will be bright and cheerful come the warmer weather. The shoes fit, too.
Saturday
My craft group were finally able to get together at L'arte. There were about 13 of us and it was great to be back. Amy came along for the first time and wee Alice was a hit. One woman was besotted and cuddled her for so long. The look on her face was priceless. I think she is desperate to be a grandmother.
One forgets during times like lockdown that it's laughter and silliness and just being with others that really lift the spirits. My soul is buzzing with happiness.
I managed to clip Jinx's damaged dew claw the other day. Murphy thought he'd help make it better.
I am now going to try to finish the magic pudding* of the scarf and will post this now in case the memory fades again.
*The Magic Pudding is a book written in 1918 by Norman Lindsay about a pudding that never finishes no matter how much it's eaten. It is an Australian classic. Magic Pudding is used to describe something that never seems to end.

Oh my gowd. I don’t live far from karingal shopping Center
ReplyDeleteI’m glad you were able to get your mother in law new clothes
I don’t need a magic pudding. I need one that has no calories and no carbs
Then I’ll be able to enjoy it
Have you been there lately? The renovations are amazing.
DeletePepper steak pies! You are talking to me girlfriend.
ReplyDeleteNothing worse than old people in food stained clothing. They may not notice but it up to carers to make sure they look ok.
Great dog photo.
Andrew, they were delicious. To be fair to the carers she spills food at every meal due to her poor eyesight. I haven't been able to check her wardrobe all year hence the shopping spree.
Delete