Tuesday, 16 November 2021

The ongoing kitchen saga

Himself went and had a chat with someone about ovens today. I was right. 600mm ovens get put in 700mm stoves. They do make an 800mm which is lovely but would require cutting the marble. Another option is to build a frame and install a separate 700mm oven (they make those) and a 750mm cook top. We are looking at replacing or refurbishing the kitchen as I really hate the marble. I know it was expensive but it always looks dirty. Like someone spilt red wine and smeared vegemite. I am constantly trying to remove stuff that isn't there.

Jinx is still licking her dew claw. It has split vertically right down to the quick and I'm worried it will catch on something and rip. I'm not going to take her to the vet as it doesn't look infected and once it has grown out a bit more I will cut it off. With help!

Home made pizza has been requested so I will go and mix the dough so I can prove it overnight in the fridge. In the correct sized container this time.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




I'm procrastinating!


Next Thursday we have someone coming from Kinsman Kitchens to measure and quote for a new kitchen. Although after reading some on line reviews I might cancel and just go to Ikea. On Friday we have someone coming to look at refurbishing. Tomorrow I catch up with some friends and we will go and visit our favourite yarn shop and then grab a bite of lunch. 

Dinner tonight is a marinated chicken fillet from Aldi. It's one of our easy favourite go to dinners. And the best bit is Himself does the cooking.

2 comments:

  1. Our bathroom vanities have a marble surface and it stains very easily. Our kitchen cupboards were an orange kind of brown. We can't really change the kitchen layout much, but we looked at having the cupboards coated a glossy white. The company suggested it was better to replace the cupboard doors and drawer facings and we did that. Also along with a new oven and hotplates, a new sink and tap, some new storage cupboards and Caesar Stone bench tops, we are very happy with the result. I suppose it depends on whether your kitchen layout is ok for you. If it isn't, then I am sure it best to start at the bottom.
    Minced curry and potatoes here tonight. How terribly English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the humour. It did give me a chuckle! Haven't renovated my kitchen in 20 years although I did get a new counter top at one point. That was enough of an upheaval for me.

    ReplyDelete