Barb, the refurb kitchen person, has been. We can get very similar to what Ikea planned so it will be interesting to see what her quote is. They install as well, so that is a bonus in my book. *sigh* it's never easy, is it?!
They wouldn't be able to do it until May at the earliest. They are a husband and wife team which is another plus and it's good to see they are that busy. Says a lot for their business. We have lived with this kitchen for so long a few months won't make any difference if we go with them. We can spread the cost of appliances a bit.
Himself has gone to Ikea (the new Bunnings) to buy some outdoor light fittings. Just trying to drag the house kicking and screaming into the 20s!
I pinched this from Chris' blog (NZ Chris, not Canadian Chris). Her runner arrived and she seems happy with it. It's funny seeing your stuff on someone else's blog.
Well Ikea didn't have the lights we wanted. They have an order due with, wait for it, FOUR lights. Only 4. JeezLouise. Plan B.
I have been a busy weaver this afternoon. I should have 5 or 6 runners to give to L'arte by the weekend and then I can get back to my stuff.
Dinner is Aldi lasagne (cos I'm too lazy to make it and it's hot) and salad.
Tomorrow I have to be on a call with my aunt's financial people, aunt and my step cousin. I am not looking forward to it as I have no idea what's going on. She plays her cards very close to her chest and, like a lot of older people, is very suspicious of everyone - she is expecting to get yelled at tomorrow, heaven only knows why. Worse, I will get numerous calls afterwards asking we what I thought. She is a lovely person and has a good hear but is quite child like which I think is as much a product of her generation and place in the family (the baby). At 90 and still living on her own she's not doing too badly.
Bulldog gin and blood orange tonic tonight.
I've never liked Ikea kitchens, but from the photos you showed, they look fine. The fact that the company Barb works for is so well organised that you can be given a May date would give me faith.
ReplyDeleteI wonder why you have to be involved with your aunt's financial affairs, especially if you don't know much about them. Getting to 90 is not for the weak.
Ikea has certainly improved a lot since the early days.
DeleteThe aunt lives in FNQ. She is widowed and gets herself in a complete dither over anything financial. Throw in a bit of dementia (I think) and her ongoing conviction that everyone is out to do her wrong and you get the picture. My damn step cousin dobbed me in for this phone call.
Also, how excited were we at Christmas 2020 when we thought the worst of COVID had gone and how much better 2021 would be.
ReplyDeleteAndrew, indeed. And just as we thought it was safe to go back in the water ......
DeleteI love the picture sums it all up perfectly
ReplyDeleteCan you order the lights in for you? That way they will contact you when they come in
It hard dealing with the elderly but it’s something we just have to do I guess
Enjoy your gin
Angela, I am leaving that job up to the husband.
DeleteRe: the poster - I think the dog is going for the young man's family jewels! A suitable ending to what has been another trying year. That must be exciting, planning your new kitchen. I'm sure it will come together spectacularly.
ReplyDeleteChris, I am excited with whoever we go with. Both have pros and cons. I sincerely hope next year will be better but who knows.
ReplyDelete