Apart from the fact that I have struggled to work out what day of the week it is I have had a lovely day.
Slept in (nothing new) and had a slice of my home made sourdough rye bread with carraway seed toasted with butter and vegemite for breakfast. Yummo.
Himself took the dogs for a walk through our local piece of bushland while I caught up on blogs and stuff.
Then ... drum roll ... we went to Bunnings. I haven't been there for so long. They checked our vax status and I pottered around the nursery section. Bought some plants for my 'rustic' wheelbarrow (read rusted) and the two planters at the front door. Instead of trying for something permanent like lavender which I have in the past and failed miserably I bought some petunias for the tubs and marigolds, portulaca and nasturtiums for the barrow. Once they have established I will show you. I have baked another loaf of carraway rye and currently have biscuits in the oven.
A very productive day.
The front is starting to look really good. We are trying to remove the cracked and ugly patterned shit from the front porch so we can get the concrete polished and leave it at that.
While we were at the Frankston homemaker centre (Bunnings) we popped into Harvey Norman (vax checked again) to check measurements and I found a stove top I love. Fingers crossed we can work out how to get it into the kitchen.
I was freaking out about the follow up doctor's appointment on Tuesday. And then I had this amazing realisation. I can cancel and rebook another time. As soon as I worked that out my anxiety dropped. So tomorrow morning I will ring them first thing.
On Thursday I am going with Amy to the doctor for Alice's tongue tie release. When Sally had hers done Himself couldn't stay in the room and was out the front wiping away tears. We aren't asking him although he did say he would go. It's not a pleasant procedure and Sally was 2 weeks old when she was done. Alice will be 10 weeks old. She's smiling now but I guess not on Thursday.
Wine o'clock.
I'm pleased you had a good day and have things planned.
ReplyDeletePlanning is the key. Not that I always follow the plan.
DeleteI've never heard of tongue ties. I hope Alice comes through it all right. Do you have a sour dough starter or use a mix? That would be something I would love to bake, it sounds delicious. Lucky you to be planting and looking forward to something growing on your front porch!
ReplyDeleteChris, it's a tight piece of skin under the tongue that can affect feeding. In severe cases it can affect speech but this is all about feeding. I use a packet mix for the bread but plan to grow a sour dough starter when I am more experienced.
DeleteMy grandson Cole had a tongue tie but they wouldn't do it when he was little. We had to wait until he was older (nearly a year I think) and have it done under anaesthetic. Silly when it could have been snipped when he was tiny like his father had done.
ReplyDelete