Friday, 29 April 2022

Nearly there

 


There was a moment of panic when the really long piece hadn't been cut properly but the stone mason was able to recut on site. It looks fantastic. The tiles will go up next week and then the appliances can be installed. Then the fun bit of putting everything back and finding spots for all my stuff.


Today I was informed that Sally is in fact married to Ron Beasley from Harry Potter. They have a daughter who was born 2 weeks ago and who will be 1 on Sunday as every Sunday is her birthday. Ron is at home looking after her (we don't know her name because Ron named her) because Sally didn't book her into Sparkles when she went back to work. 


I need a drink.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like Sally has taken a drink.

    The kitchen is looking great. I hope you are on the short side. I've found my back dislikes deep sinks very much, not that much is washed by hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on the short side (5'3" or 163cm) but the sink isn't that deep. It's wide so an oven dish can fit but you wouldn't wash a dog in it.
      I don't think Sally needs any mind altering substances!

      Delete
  2. Is going to look awesome
    Once everything is put in place you won’t know yourself
    How much fun are you going to have cooking up a storm i that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress! You are going to be one happy bunny when everything is installed. I am quite envious of all your space - I just have a skinny galley kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We replaced the old kitchen so didn't change the footprint but by changing some cupboards around we have so much bench space.

      Delete
  4. Oh a new kitchen... how wonderful! Mind you, I get a brand new kitchen soon (in my motorhome) hehe... not quite the same though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your new kitchen will be mobile. How cool is that?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. As soon as the handles go on I can start slowly putting things away. I can't wait.

      Delete