Thursday, 28 April 2022

Voice from the backseat.






We are back to after school pickups.

As we were driving to get ice-cream a small voice said "Granny, are you OK? You seem a bit down. Not all the way down to the ground but a bit sad. Are you tired?"

Observant kid and somewhat empathetic.

"Granny, are angels real?" Ummmmmm. "Mummy says they are." Well, if Mummy says they are, they must be.

"Granny, when I laugh I snort like you do. Mummy says snorting is gross." Thanks, kid.

Tomorrow afternoon we are going to the shops to buy chocolate and then coming here for some special time. Apparently.





I came home to this. Bloody cat.


8 comments:

  1. Shut the door Caro! All the way Caro! Be like Jeffrey Caro😊
    I like the look of those colours on the loom. What will it be when finished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The room is somewhat open plan. I need to put something on there. I even moved the loom away from the chair he used to get on it last time.
      I am hoping to finish it soon. Not sure if it will work as it did in my head.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful little soul she is.
    I love the colours of what ever it is your weaving
    Cats just don’t care where they sit. Apparently it’s all for them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a gentle soul and is so tuned in to those around her. I hope it doesn't cause her grief down the track. It will be a scarf if Max doesn't claim it for himself!

      Delete
  3. Granny has to work on her gross snorting habit. Your granddaughter looks gorgeous even if covered with ice cream.
    I can see your weaving problem. Cat's weaving will make it all go so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny has snorted when she laughs since she was a wee tacker. Sally is a bit special but I am a bit biased!

      Delete
  4. I love little kids. Out of the mouths of babes. They are so innocent and honest.

    One of my coworkers has a five year old who knows lying is wrong, so she's been taught to preface things with, "You may not like what I say, but it is the truth. Grandma, you have a big bum."

    I can look forward to such lovely bon mots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny. So far my worst offence is snorting, so it seems. Although she has made comment about my large boobies in the past.

      Delete