Tuesday, 19 April 2022

Tuesday

 

This is a photo of Three when he was about the age that Alice is now. The resemblance is amazing.

It has been a cool, drizzly day. I have not felt the best but managed to unload the heavy dresser and One came over and helped Himself take the top off and move the bottom away from the wall and that has been about the extent of today.

Tomorrow I have my annual skin check and that will be the excitement for my day.

When One was over he said that the other grandmother gets the kids worked up and over-excited which inevitably results in melt downs like we saw yesterday. I still managed to play with them both but we made puppets from a kit I brought them and they were fine. Go Granny!






6 comments:

  1. So many don't seem to get that children need to calm and wind down before bedtime. It's not the time for play.

    I hope you skin check goes better than mine did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All clear for another year. At least we get them done.

      Delete
  2. I like a calm atmosphere
    We have play times but we also have calming times. With the older children I read to them. Or we watch a Disney movie and discover it as it’s going along. Usually they’re explaining what’s going on to me as they’ve seen it before and grandma hasn’t lol
    Hope your appointment goes well and they don’t find anything nasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Angela. It's finding the balance that is so important.

      Delete
  3. Grans are allowed to spoil their grandkids and then hand them back but not to the extent that they are over stimulated and fretful. A happy medium is preferable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy medium is essential where kids are concerned.

      Delete