Saturday, 2 April 2022

Spring forward Fall back

The clocks go back tonight. 

Amy had her first craft market today. It was a local girl guide market and although small the quality on offer was really very good. I don't think a lot of sales were made, sadly. I did my bit!

I bought 20 crystal bracelets to give as gifts and wear myself. At $3 a pop for something you would pay 10 times the price in a fancy new age shop how could I not?

I bought a warming snuggle pack which Amy makes from faux fur and fills with 1.5kgs of wheat and lavender essential oil. Think of a heavy furry heat pack you can stroke as well as wear. I also bought Himself some pocket warmers (again made by Amy) which you pop in the microwave and then put in your pockets to warm your hands when walking in the cold Melbourne winter (apologies to those who know what cold really is).

I also bought this ....



It is the most beautifully made rabbit with bloomers and a dress and apron and ribbons in her ears. Sally squealed with delight when I gave it to her and everyone was so touched to see her excitement. Again, for $40 how could I not?

Alice was her usual lovely self and won the hearts of all who were graced with her smiles - and raspberries.

My car is due for a service and is telling me one of the tyre's pressure is low. Himself added air but it was still complaining. He has taken it for a drive to see if it will rectify. I wonder if this is how they get you to make sure you mortgage your soul pay to get your car serviced regularly.

Dinner tonight is in the hands of the gods. Or the husband. 

I walked the dogs and the smell of wood fires was in the air. Autumn is certainly here. 

6 comments:

  1. Being an uber male, such frippery doesn't usually interest me, but I really like the rabbit in bloomers.

    I noticed CWhouse has hand heat warmers for sale. I may get some to warm my winter frozen hands.

    I hope you enjoy dinner, whatever it is. A really good excuse is needed to buy KFC original chicken, dripping with fat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the rabbit. The hot hands are great. I sent several dozen to my aunt in far north queensland because anything lower than 27*C is freezing.
      Dinner was La Zuppa chicken and vegetable soup and a bread roll. Very nice if a tad expensive.

      Delete
  2. Wow love the rabbit.
    And what a smile. Beautiful
    Yes the weather has definitely changed. The wheel of the year has turned
    Hubby as been organising firewood and will be again today
    Love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't get to meet her properly. Next time.
      This is my favourite time of year. I wish hubby had organised fire wood but we will have to buy from Daisy's again this year.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I need those pocket warmers! I have two fingers that go white on cold days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Chris that would be painful. I could always send you a pair!

      Delete