I was always aware that Easter and Passover (like Christmas and Hanukah) occur at around the same time. This year is a once in a 33 year event where Ramadan occurs at the same time as Easter and Passover. I found this article which is fascinating. All three religions share fasting or other dietary restrictions as well as commitment to religion and renewal of faith. Guess we're not that different after all. I wish more people realised this.
I finished the practice place mat:
I learned quite a bit and will definitely make a set using fabric (a jelly roll) I bought years ago but will stitch the ends together and fold the strips a bit differently. It was great fun and took no time at all - compared to weaving with yarn. I just need to work out how to finish the ends.
I then warped the loom with different yarns from my stash. It's looking great but the truth will be in the weaving. It could be a disaster. It's all fun and a learning experience.
Stepson and his family are down in Melbourne next weekend. Three was meant to be arranging a catch up but after waiting and waiting and waiting I did what I always do and took charge. We are all going to the Langy pub for lunch on Saturday. I don't think I've ever booked a table for 17 before! It would have been great to have them all here but kitchen.
Speaking of Three, he rang this afternoon to ask if we were still going over to their place for dinner tomorrow night. To be honest I had forgotten but in my defence he has made many such suggestions in the past that never eventuated. He is making butter chicken from the Chin Chin recipe book I gave him as a non-birthday present after he and Amy went there for dinner the night we babysat Sally in March.
The painting is coming along well. Himself is even pleased with the result. He is such a perfectionist that to say that is high praise indeed. Especially as he is the painter!
This tickled my funny bone.

I am often struck by the similarities between Jewish and Muslim customs. Why can't they just be friends.
ReplyDeleteAfter today, the Langy pub is not cheap but the food and service was very good and the decking overlooking neatly mown grass and the charmingly named wild Boggy Creek is lovely.
I agree with you about the pub. We usually sit in the grown-up area which doesn't have a view.
DeleteI think I know where you mean. It looked it bit brightly lit to me, but I didn't have a close look.
DeleteTable mat looks impressive - good job! Enjoy your get-together next weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Chris. It was fun to make. We are all looking forward to next weekend.
DeleteWe have so much more in common than we do differences
ReplyDeleteHow about finishing the mat with a quilt border?
That way all the ends are hidden and it’s nice and neat