Wednesday, 20 April 2022

Weary

Not much happening today. I had a good night's sleep. Went and had my skin check which was all good. 

Himself felt like a hamburger for lunch so that's what we had and then I was overtaken by an attack of the wearies. Put my head down on the bed with a cat and a dog and was fast asleep when my 90 year old aunt rang. I had called her on my way back from the skin clinic and left a message saying not to call as I would call her back. An hour an a bit later we finished the call. She was very happy to have had a chat. She is lonely and slowing down but still loves a natter about politics (hates Anthony Abalone), the royal family (Harry should be beheaded for treason), people I have never met, what she will have for supper (Sao biscuits, butter, caramalised onion, cheese and tomato - in case you were wondering), her favourite bubbles (Brown Brothers) and then we have the same conversations all over again hence the long phone call!

Before I succumbed to the call of my bed I had a call from Three asking if we can have Alice tomorrow. She has conjunctivitis and daycare won't take her. Amy has no paid leave left and work told Three he couldn't have time off as they are short staffed (because they aren't replacing the people that are leaving in droves). We are the last resort. So tomorrow will be spent looking after a 7 month old from 7.30 til 6.00. Hopefully we can get a walk in if it doesn't rain and she will have a couple of sleeps. She's not mobile yet so the chaotic house won't be a danger. 

I guess an early night tonight is a good idea.

12 comments:

  1. You should be in the land of nod by now 9.
    If your son and DiL are well I’m assuming Alice’s eye infection originated in the day care centre. ‘Wash your hands Jeffrey’. Wonder how much time the staff spend washing their hands when they’re picking up putting down entertaining children all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up watching an episode of Midsummer Murders which I hadn't seen before!
      I do wonder how much handwashing goes on in these places. And kids share toys etc.

      Delete
  2. Good news regarding your skin. Hope you had a good nights sleep and ready for the little one.
    Thanks for your comment. The girl in question is 13 years old and on the spectrum, what she does while she is here leaves me violated in my home. Hubby has talked to his son regarding what she has done in the past, to no avail. Easter's incident left me more violated than I have ever been before, so I had to say something, not only too her but her Mother and the rest of the family was there also.
    My argument is...if she can be taught to put on her seat belt in a motor vehicle, which is the law, if she can be taught to do her own personal hygiene, then she can be taught to leave personal property that cannot be replaced, alone. I should not have to hide everything she should not be getting into. Thanks for letting me vent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, if she is high functioning and can be taught seat belts and hygiene she can be taught not to touch. I don't blame the girl, I blame the parents. How sad and how frustrating for you.

      Delete
  3. Well, if you didn't get a good night's sleep before your grand came, you will after:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it's tomorrow now where you are so I hope things are going smoothly with Alice. Grandparents are usually the first call in an emergency so you are lucky they tried all the other alternatives first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a thing right now. We are all tired.
    Rest up when you can. Conjunctivitis is going round I suspect. Ana had it too luckily it cleared up after a day or so

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, with the beginning of winter sniffles it's inevitable. She's had it for a few days and her eyes are gunky more than red.

      Delete
  6. Your aunt ringing you back when you said not to reminds of a friend who if I sent him an email would call on the phone because then he would know I was home. Really, if I wanted to speak to him, I would have called.
    I hope your caring day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, she does it all the time and if I don't answer she starts ringing my brothers to find out why I'm not answering the phone.

      Delete