Maybe I did like the beach just for a short time. Or maybe I just liked posing for the camera!! Don't you just love the off the shoulder number?Anyway. All thoughts of beach (good and bad!) and holidays have faded. It was back to work today. We weren't overly busy. As always, when returning after a break of a week or two, there was news of long time patients who had lost their battle. This time there were two. One was sad because, even though she had long outlived her original prognosis, her family still hadn't come to terms with the inevitable although they were with her when she died which is what matters the most for those families. It is so important in helping them to deal with things in the long term. And the other one was a man who had fought and fought and even a couple of weeks before Christmas was still denying the fact that there was nothing more to be done. Apparantly at the end, though, he and his wife were aware and accepting. This makes for a good death. And, yes, there is such a thing.
Three rang me today and told me that he had gone to the local TAFE (a tertiary institution that isn't a university, is more vocationally based and used to be very trade orientated but some of them now confer degrees) and enrolled in an Advanced Diploma in Business and Resource Management. I need to see the paper work to fully understand what's what but the fact that he did this off his own bat is just fantastic.
He then went to the beach, breezed in briefly before disappearing again to exGF's place and will be home later on tonight.
One has been looking after LGF. She isn't in a lot of pain but there is still quite a bit of discharge. I did tell you she'd had a nose operation (not allowed to call it a nose job), didn't I? I'll check back and if I haven't I'll fill you in tomorrow.
Two spent the day with NGF. And was interested in Three's news about TAFE and will look into courses for himself in the next week. As it was just the two of us home for dinner we got Chinese takeaway (always sounds and smells better than it tastes!) and a DVD. "Brick". We had seen the trailers in the movies but never got around to seeing it. It wasn't in the cinemas for long and I can understand why. It's not a mainstream film and did take a while to get into, but a bloody good watch. And it's one of those films that you keep thinking about and when you watch it with someone else (specially someone like Two) you keep having "what did you think about" and "did they mean to suggest .... " conversations. A good movie to watch with a movie mad 20 year old who you love to bits!
So it's now late. I have work tomorrow. I have had a few glasses of wine with the mediocre Chinese dinner and am having a glass of beer before I go to bed. I am not a beer drinker but it is so hot and when I went looking for soft drink the beer called to me. And it was a good call. Refreshing, not too sweet and will hopefully help me get to sleep. The minimum temp won't drop below 25degreesC. Just as well as Himself is in Sydney cos I will be bitching and whingeing all night long.
So.
I'm going to watch the end of Law and Order with Two and then I'm off to toss and turn in the heat. I didn't check the appointment book for work tomorrow and I have no idea how busy we are but we have good staff on so that will make it all OK.
No comments:
Post a Comment