Wednesday, 17 January 2007

Just a quick one

My feet are killing me! We moved the unit and it was bloody hard work! Minor hiccups ... our two beds and four of our chairs wouldn't fit through the door because of the temporary wall that has been built while the first bit of the renovations was started. The chairs were dismantled and the beds will come over tomorrow. In the meantime we've borrowed from another department. When we left the computers and phones were still unconnected but hopefully will be up and running tomorrow. The bench on which we will be storing most of our daily stuff and fiddling around with medications and writing notes and generally cannot live without was still being made this morning. It was delivered this afternoon and they were going to install it about knee height! It's going to be very cramped and we won't be able to have relatives sitting with the patients unless they are needed to interpret or the like. And that will cause some problems with some people. Oh well, it's only for a couple of months.

Last night was intolerably hot. I went to bed and tossed and turned for two hours until I gave in and took a sleeping pill. It's much more pleasant this evening. Still fairly warm but nowhere as bad as last night. But still no rain.

I am pleased to say that I have done really well with WWOL these past three days and not a drop of wine. Himself comes home from Sydney tomorrow night and that will be a challenge as he likes a drink or 6 in the evenings. The good thing is that I wake up feeling better in the mornings and I don't miss it at night so we'll see how I go. It's just easier to have a drink if the person you live with is having one.

Tomorrow we are getting digital Optus. It has meant a bit of organising to make sure someone will be home but I think I've got it covered. There is nothing on free to air at the moment and the channels we have on cable aren't much better. At least with the new package I'll be able to watch some comedy or a decent doco.

I think I might go and see what state the boys' bathroom is in and if it's not too bad I might just have a bath! (We don't have a bath in the ensuite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment