I really need to upload some new photos. So you'll have to make do with this one from last year which may, or may not, have appeared on my old journal.
Anyway, as the title suggests, it's been a week since Two's fall from grace. And whilst some things are taking forever to get resolved (we are waiting for a phone call from someone who has a big say in what happens in the future and we don't want to hassle him cos we don't want to piss him off but by the same token we don't want him to forget and not put things in progress), other things have settled down. Two has emailed the contact given him by his elder brother and hopefully a job will come of it. If not, at least he's overcome hurdle #1 and sent off an email looking for work. Hurdle #2 will be The Interview.
It's still as hot as hot as hot. I ended up taking a sleeping tablet last night to help me get to sleep. I. Hate. The. Heat.
We went to the local shopping centre today (airconditioning!). Bought some more underwear on sale (very hard to get stuff that's my size that doesn't cost the earth - and I'm not THAT big! I feel for those women who are very overweight) and some new bedlinen. We needed a new fitted sheet so bought a new doona cover and pillow slips as well, for a smidge more than just the sheet would have cost if it were all not on sale. And I bought a t-shirt. On sale for $10. The same t-shirt I paid $16 for at the same shop, different centre on Wednesday! But I love the style so all is good.
Then off the to butcher to get some beef for dinner, then supermarket and home. To sit in the heat. And whinge and bitch and grizzle.
And there's nothing good on telly tonight, either.
Alright. I'm off. I'm going to see if I can pretend it's the middle of winter or something.
They have forecast a cool,wet change for tomorrow but the temperature will climb again at the beginning of the week. Oh joy. Heat AND humidity.
bitch grizzle whinge moan gripe complain cuss ........
No comments:
Post a Comment