Saturday, 27 January 2007

I can't think of an appropriate title.

Those of you who are waiting for photos of new clothes will have to wait a while longer! (I'm looking at YOU, MizS!)

I need to go through the wardrobe and do a bit of a cull. Having said that I did buy a new top yesterday which I think fits in with what I've been taught. Today I tried to find some new pants/jeans but didn't have much luck. I also tried to find some shoes but that wasn't happening either. Whilst this whole image consultant thing will make it easier to not make mistakes it also makes it harder to buy stuff. In the past I would have said "yup, fits, buy it". Now I'm looking at colour and style and image as well as fit and comfort! I would certainly benefit from wearing a shoe with a bit of a heel but I stopped taking my glucosamine a few months ago and my left foot is giving me serious grief again. The good thing is that I realise that when I can't find something I like it's not about me failing. It's about the system (fashion, store buyers, etc.) failing me! And that is a very liberating feeling. For the first time ever I am actually looking forward to shopping for clothes and am not worried about not finding things that work the first time I venture out.

I am so glad I had the hysterectomy. The past week or so I have been feeling very PMSy. And I realised that I haven't felt like this for a long time. Which suggests that the old hormones are winding down and things are slowing down. Which would have set me up for some unpleasant surprises which are no longer possible after the op. If you get my drift. And it made me remember how much I hated that particular part of womanhood. At least when I felt especially, unaccountably cranky I knew that there was a reason and I wasn't going completely mad. Just a little bit.

We are graced with all boys home for dinner this evening. It will be like the old days with just the 5 of us. Much as I love the girlfriends it is always nice to have the boys home on their own. Just to watch them interact and be brothers which is always a bit inhibited with the females around.

Ooh. Forgot to tell you. One of the many things that Imogen taught me was about having the correct placement for buttons and bows and things. I have a crocheted top (ugh... how '70s that sounds!) which tied under the boobs. It never really worked and I just assumed it's because I'm FAT FAT FAT. I put it on today and realised that whilst the colour isn't quite right the main problem was that the tie was in the wrong place. It accentuated my biggest area. A deep 'V' is good but only so far. I cut the ties off and resewed them higher up and "BINGO" it works so much better. I apologise for not taking before and after photos! Next time.

And on that note I will love you and leave you. I'm going to veg out on the couch in front of the telly with some sons.

1 comment:

  1. Ok fine, I'll be patient.

    I've always thought that if I had any patience at all in the stores I could do a little better. I subscribe to the same "It fits, doesn't look horrible, I'll buy it" theory. Which is why I end up with a lot of clothes that are not particularly flattering.

    ReplyDelete