Friday, 26 November 2021

Busy stuff

I have been busy all day but don't feel I've achieved much at all.

First up we had our weekly craft group catch up. Normally this is around lunch time but they couldn't fit us in so we had to be there at 9.00. Not a problem for some but we are a lazy lot and like to sleep in! It was a fairly small group and there was a woman there who rubs people up the wrong way. She comes across as nosy and in your face but she is just terribly lonely. She wanted a hug from Alice but Alice wasn't having it and she was quite upset. Turns out she loves kids but she and her husband couldn't have them. She has alienated just about everyone but I will make sure I sit next to her next time. Speaking of Alice - 2 days in a row she has chucked over me and not small amounts either! Must be a granny thing.

Came home to find the ceiling finished. It still smells of paint but that will pass. We have a flowering gum that has a lean on it. Himself wants to cut it down but I think we will trim it and see if we can convince it to grow the other way. It's a silver princess for those in the know and they do have a drooping leaning habit but this one is leaning a bit too much. They grow very quickly and the nectar eating birds just love them so if this one has to go we will replant with a couple more and train them to stand up a bit straighter.





This isn't my tree. Mine is nearly horizontal!




I then spent ages creating the events for the facebook page of the craft group til the end of the year. 

Then I thought I'd better do something to satisfy Mr Centrelink so searched for jobs and applied for 6. Fingers crossed nothing comes of them! That takes a long time as I have to upload evidence to the government site proving that I have applied.

Himself has gone to Ikea looking for something. I can't remember what! Maybe a rug for under the table as the chairs are scratching the timber floor even with stoppers on them.

We put the summer doona on the bed so I envisage quite a few chilly nights ahead. Sorry if you live in Melbourne. Blame me. That reminds me of my sister in law who really didn't want to go to Italy last year. Bang -  the pandemic. I told her it should be called the Louise virus. My brother has booked for next year and I told her to suck it up.

I could almost have a nanna nap right now. 

6 comments:

  1. I got my summer bed sheet and used it one warm night earlier this week and woke up a bit cold. I am back to the doona.
    You may have success with cutting the tree back but I doubt it.
    I suppose if Himself returns with a new rug and you don't like it, you can always take it back.
    I am wondering why your brother has such a desire to visit Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a Summer and winter doona. When it's really hot it's a sheet only.
      I hate cutting down a healthy tree so we shall see. But we will be replacing it.
      The rug looks amazing. He took photos (smart man) but I love it so if it fits in my car we will get it tomorrow - otherwise we have to wait until his is back from the panel beaters.
      My brother has loved Italy since a visit when he was working in England in the late 90s. They bought a place in Todi a few years ago. Sister in law is not as enamoured of the place.

      Delete
  2. I had a Mountain Ash (Rowan) that did the same thing. The birds loved the berries but it had to go. Hope to see photos of the rug once it is "in situ".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just putting your summer duvet (doona to you) on now? We only have a sheet and empty doona on our bed and even then I get far too hot. That's how it will stay until around April next year. There's no point in us owning summer duvet inners I have decided!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still getting night temperatures in the low to mid teens. I sleep with the sliding door open and often the ceiling fan on as I need to feel the movement of air.

      Delete