Wednesday, 24 November 2021

Cooking and stuff

Chris asked for some no bake recipes as her oven is waiting for a part (hard when you're coming into bitter winter). I dragged out my good old Women's Weekly cookbooks and found several. And then I hit a dilemma. Our ingredients are quite Australian. Do other countries have rice bubbles? weetbix? Copha? I'm sure they have equivalents (I'm pretty sure the UK have rice crispies and weet-a-bix). And we're metric - is Canada?

Anyway, Chris, if you read this let me know the sort of things you like. Lemon? Chocolate? I also have some microwaveable recipes which aren't too bad.

I have made a pizza dough and it is resting in the fridge. Normally I leave it overnight but I thought I'd see if it's OK with less time. It would make it easy in the future so I don't have to plan ahead! I was going to have another go at the brioche (with an oven door that isn't broken) but that's probably a bit too much starchy stuff in one day. Even for this chubster. Maybe tomorrow.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 



I have been going gangbusters with this runner. It's hard to see but it's a green and red warp (the up and down bits) with a sparkly green weft (the cross bits).

I took the pizza dough out of the fridge as it seemed a bit slow. BANG. It doubled in size in no time so it's back in the fridge until it's time to start making dinner. Which is about now.


*&%^$#@*+)*>%#


We have lost the internet. The "help" centre fucked up. Himself is NOT happy. I will try and save this somehow as I can't post it at the moment.



6 comments:

  1. Well I’ve read it. So you must of posted it lol
    I find that recipes in the USA have ingredients we don’t have here.
    It’s frustrating when you want to try something new

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, only just managed to post it. I wrote it yesterday but at least it's here!

      Delete
  2. All seems to have become right with your connection.
    Canada is metric, but a bit less than us I think. They will know weights.
    I think copha is world wide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Canada is metric. Copha not sure what that is explain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My scales are not metric (lbs. and oz.) but most recipes I use are cups and teaspoons. Didn't know anything on your list except Weetabix which I haven't seen in the stores recently. If you have a favourite recipe, I'd like to know. E-mail me at chris.elliot99@hotmail.com if that is easier.

    ReplyDelete