Thursday, 18 November 2021

Freedom

 As of midnight tonight nearly all our restrictions will be eased. I think. Well, most of them. As usual the information is confusing. But if the pandemic bill is defeated in the upper house of State Parliament then come 16th December all bets are off and we can do what we like - vaccinated or not. Or so I have been led to believe but stand to be educated as I can't make head or tail of what's going on in politician land.

Yesterday we were asked for evidence of vaccination at the cafe. I am about to head out to another cafe with another couple of friends. We'll see if we are asked for evidence. It seems to be a bit hit and miss.

Back now and, no, we weren't asked for vaccination proof. Oh well. It was a nice lunch and my friends are vaccinated.

The new investigations into the disappearance of 3 year old William Tyrrell 7 years ago is getting very interesting. It always looked a bit odd from the beginning but even stranger now. If it turns out that someone close to the family knew what happened all the time I will be incredibly disappointed and angry. We shall see.

I baked a loaf of bread this morning. Another wonderful evocative smell. 

I sprayed a mist of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea and walked through it this morning. I'm sure my scent was subtle. Thank you Andrew.

Yesterday they came and finished off the path. The driveway and path are now complete and look amazing. Himself mowed the grass and pulled out some daggy bushes in the front. It looks so much better. Now to weed the rose bed and put weed mat down with mulch. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the kitchen refurbishment place will fix our problems and come in under budget. We need to buy a new sink, stove and cooktop.

But now? Weaving.


11 comments:

  1. I still don’t know if we are able to walk around without a mask or not.
    They never tell us straight it’s always blah blah blah
    Well that’s what I hear anyway lol
    We can only hope I guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karingal seemed 50/50 mask wearing today. I wore mine as I'm confused.

      Delete
  2. I am always pleased when asked to show my tick. It means other people will be asked too.
    Something about William's disappearance never sat well for me. It was a strange business and I really don't think enough police resources were devoted to the case at the time.
    It must be so good to have the project completed. It probably looks a bit raw but that won't last too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read today that the foster mother is the main person of interest. We will find out soon, no doubt.
      Lots of shops at Karingal were asking for proof which was encouraging. It looks like lots of juniors have been employed for this purpose.

      Delete
  3. Still wearing masks here and having to produce vaccination certificates in most places. Masks are optional at my workout classes which is a big relief. I think I would suffocate otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were meant to wear masks when out walking but I couldn't walk up the hill!

      Delete
  4. Photos of the driveway please. If I ever wear perfume (strangely today I put some on) I too spray and walk through it. Yes, I've been following that case of William, very interesting and I hope they finally get an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are still required to wear a mask and show our passport when entering a restaurant etc.
    There is a town near us that is having a spike in cases, due to a religious group that do not believe in any vax, they are suspect in the spread, as they go into this town to buy food etc. Because of them additional restrictions maybe implemented for the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so frustrating. They are the ones filling the hospital beds so others with other issues like stroke, heart attack, broken bits can't get treatment. grrrrrrr.

      Delete
  6. Where I live we still need to wear a mask and show our passport to go into restaurants etc.
    A town near us though is having to deal with a religious group that do not believe in any vax, suspect they are the spreaders.

    ReplyDelete