Saturday, 27 November 2021

IKEA!!

 Himself wanted me to see the rug so off we toddled. We took the new freeway extension and boy, that makes the journey quicker. I found a kitchen I have fallen in love with.





This isn't it exactly but the cabinets and white tiles give you an idea. Installation will be the issue. We will see what the refurb person says on Tuesday but I just love this one so much. The display fits pretty much our foot print.

We found the rug then saw that they had a matching smaller one and we got both so they match - one under the table and one in front of the couch.

When we first got there Himself was most disappointed they weren't selling their hot dogs. I guess it's a covid thing as they were yesterday but weekends tend to get very busy. We commented on how empty it seemed when we first got there (vacc status checked as we went in) but by the time we got to the market hall I was starting to feel very uncomfortable. Social distancing? What's that? I will wear my mask under my chin - if I wear it all. Kids! Run riot!!

We went back to the car with the smaller rug and then realised we could indeed fit both in my little blue beast so I waited and Himself went back and got the big one.

Himself has taken the dogs to the dog park. I got my exercise walking around Ikea and will now go and warp up for a blue and white christmas runner.

7 comments:

  1. IKEA is so confusing I can’t ever find my way out!
    There is an urban legend that the meat balls are made from customers who never came out lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela NOOOOOO! Their meat balls are delicious. Wait. Oh.
      We have spent so much time there we have the short cuts down pat and only go where we want to. Every so often we do a wander through to see what's new but then I want to kick people.

      Delete
  2. I hope you didn't cheat by not following the arrows. I tried a shortcut once and ended up back at the same shortcut. Best to follow the rules and comply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are secret short cuts. You have to know where they are!

      Delete
  3. Haven't been to Ikea for ages - too tempting! Always come out with something I don't really need. The kitchen display is indeed stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But everything is so cheap and how could you not need the thingy that goes on the whatsit that makes everything somehow better!

      Delete
  4. How good is the new freeway extension? We got from Mt Martha to moorabbin super quick!

    ReplyDelete