Monday, 22 November 2021

Late Spring

 

It's hard to believe that next week is the start of Summer. We have had a strange Spring but now we are getting the more stable weather with lovely sunshine and not too much heat. I don't know why they name the Australian seasons the way they do as the hot weather doesn't really start til January and goes through to March and even early April some years. I guess it's something to do with equally dividing the months into the seasons only someone forgot to tell mother nature. If we listened to our indigenous people I'm sure they would have a more accurate way of identifying the seasons. Up north, of course, it's just Wet and Dry.

Himself went and chatted to a concrete company about the front porch. The only way to get the shitty coating off is to grind it off. Some of it chips away (which is why it looks so awful) but most is hard as - well - concrete. We have someone coming out to quote on removing the coating and refinishing the concrete. Next week the kitchen refurbishing company is coming to give us a quote and late this week we have the ceiling being fixed after the Great Earthquake of 2021. It's all go here.

I finished the magic pudding scarf. Now I have to pluck up the courage to wet finish it. I have just warped for a couple of Christmas table runners for L'arte. Hopefully I'll get 4 done for them. I have one more scarf to weave as a Christmas present.

Attacked my hair with the clippers. If I have to use a comb or brush it's too long. It's not perfect but then neither am I. The downside is the irritating bits of hair that aggravate my sensitive skin. I look like I have been garroted.


5 comments:

  1. Home ownership is a never ending list of repairs and improvements, isn't it? My list got a little bit shorter this year but there are still things needing done. You seem to be ahead of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, fixing and improving is an on going thing when you own a home. Hubby and I will be tackling our downstairs bathroom during the Winter. Can you explain,"magic pudding scarf".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a reference to an Australian Children's classic story about a pudding that never ends.

      Delete
  3. Still waiting for summer to load
    Your right. Our seasons are off, although by now we usually get better weather than we have been having
    Except for the copious amount of rain. I’m not really upset the heat is not here yet.
    I’m not good in the extreme heat we get

    ReplyDelete