
The huge truck delivering the asphalt (I need to weed my rose bed) and some dude waving at me! They really are a great bunch of blokes.
The asphalt was then wheel barrowed down the driveway, spread and levelled.
Hard yakka and very hot work, too. Himself has gone to buy a slab of beer to drop off for the boys to enjoy.
The plumber will come tomorrow and then they will return next week to do the path.
We need to work out what to do with the front porch as it is looking very tired, now. It's cracking and peeling.
This morning I spent an hour with my student going over Australian slang and sayings. It made me realise what a crazy language we have. Trying to explain sayings like flat out, final straw, beat around the bush, get to the bottom of it, knock off, takes two to tango and so on. (I realise these are not uniquely Australian).
My latest weave. It's called Ocean Waves and uses a textured cotton and a wavy stick. So far so good but wet finishing it will be the tell. Hopefully my waves will hold.
Jinx is trying to climb on my lap and hide under my desk. I don't know what has got into her but she's making it bloody hard to type. So I shall bid you adieu.

Fresh smooth 'ashfelt' (explain that to your student) is so nice to see, so much nicer than bright white/grey concrete.
ReplyDeleteThe workers are probably well paid but when you watch them working hard in the heat, yeah a slab (another one to explain) is a nice thing to do.
I have never heard of a "slab" of beer, how many is included in that? We buy them 24 to a case of beer, 12 beers is just "12" and I believe there is a "six pack" Not a beer drinker myself, wine or gin are my drinks.
ReplyDeleteA slab is 24 cans or stubbies (small bottles).
Delete