She is a gorgeous thing. Matt black with two bowls and 3 mixing tools. Plus the opportunity to buy 10 extra attachments like pasta makers, mincer, ice cream churner. She is very heavy and will have to live in the kitchen (Sunbeam lived in the laundry due to lack of space and only came out when needed). And why shouldn't she? She's a work of art. A thing of beauty to be admired and cherished.
I told himself that he got his driveway and garage door so I was getting this.
Amy has a Kitchen Aid. She is an avid and very accomplished baker of cakes and other sweet delights. Three uses it as much and he is more savoury based so I shall be picking his brains. He has already suggested naan using Indian flour, water and ghee. It helps that they live in a suburb with a very high Indian population so they have the shops for the ingredients. I guess I could get ghee in the supermarket, I've never looked.
This might just be the push I need to get stuck into my kitchen and give it a really good clean and tidy up.
And then I shall bake bread. And biscuits. And cakes.
It will be a very long time before I venture into Cranbourne shopping centre again.
Love the new mixer. Let me know when that bread is ready, keep it warm and I will bring the butter. That is all that is needed on bread warm from the oven, just let it soak in and savour. Wait.....carbs, fats ....just one slice!!
ReplyDeleteYou are a strong woman if you can stop at one slice!
DeleteIt must be such a wonderful thing to have. Now you have to work out who inherits the mixer once you have gone.
ReplyDeleteThey can fight over it. Hopefully I will live long enough to give it to a granddaughter.
ReplyDeleteI'd never get the use out of a mixer but it is gorgeous. Our shops open on Wednesday and that is a scary concept but glad it's happening. We're all going crazy here.
ReplyDeleteI have a white one just like it. I've had it for 15 years now. It's one of my favorite kitchen things.
ReplyDelete