I received a text from Amy asking if I was doing anything today and shortly after a call from Three saying Amy wasn't coping. Long story short I went over there and fed and held Alice so Amy could get stuff done. I would have been happy to do the housework for her but I think she was glad to not have to hold Alice as she is a very needy baby. Only 8 weeks old and has been through the wringer already so understandable she likes to be held. After a good long hold Amy put her into her bassinet and she continued to sleep which is unheard of. I guess this Granny has calming vibes. I then got to play Barbies with Sally. As a mother of three boys this was a first.
Himself is taking the two dogs down to visit his mother. She will be thrilled if she's not doolally.
I have a doctor's appointment at 3.40. Our wonderful doctor moved practices and we followed her (as did well over a hundred other patients). Unfortunately I cannot see her until next week and as my blood pressure is high I am seeing another female doctor who also has an excellent reputation. When I lost weight earlier this year my blood pressure got quite low and my doctor reduced my medications. I have gained 7kg in lock down and my BP is now sitting around 160/112. Not good. So with my tail between my legs I shall go and face the music.
But at least I got a couple of hours of lovely baby cuddles.
Our twin great nieces at four years old behave well with their maternal grandparents, but as soon as their mother is around, they act up and become clingy to her. The trouble is she hypes them up so much instead of staying calm.
ReplyDeleteGood that you are seeing your doctor about your high blood pressure. Controlling blood pressure has saved so many lives.
My mother had three boys and after 'an accident', along came a daughter.
I would have loved a daughter but we decided with our combined family history of boys we would end up with a basketball team if we kept trying. Now I have 6 granddaughters!
DeleteBabies are such a joy when they are happy! There won't be any babies in my family for at least another ten years (grandkids are all teenagers) so hope I am still around by then to enjoy them! Hope your blood pressure gets stabalized. I just recently realized I had not had mine checked throughout the whole pandemic but the dental hygenist took it during my last cleaning. It was a bit high but not of too much concern.
ReplyDeleteIf I had my blood pressure taken anywhere near a dentist it would be stroke levels.
DeleteShe had to take a repeat as the first reading was quite high.
Delete