We were told that an appointment with the kitchen design people would be at least a fortnight away. Yesterday I got online and WOOHOO got one for midday today. I fear this is going to be a bit more expensive than Himself was planning but a kitchen is a huge thing in a house.
I warped up the loom for the blue and white table runner and made a rookie mistake (I am a rookie so I guess I can't complain) and ended up tossing 4 balls of yarn. It was pretty shit to work with and was given to me but I still feel annoyed. A friend gave me a voucher to Spotlight as a thankyou for yarn I have donated to her for her dog blankets so I will use that to buy more white cotton. Paying everything forward.
Concrete Dude came and looked at our very sad front porch. We will be getting it ground back and sealed. Must remember before and after photos. A bit more than we thought but the driveway was a bit less so swings and roundabouts.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We went to Ikea and I am so excited. It will come in more expensive than we hoped - what else is new - but we really want a stone bench top. The awful corner pantry will go and be replaced with something more sensible which will also give us more bench space. All this depends, of course, on what the refurb person says on Tuesday but we doubt it will be enough to convince us to not go with Ikea. Now we need to price stone tops to see if we can get them cheaper.
Grabbed some yarn from Spotlight and I had enough left on the gift card to get a Christmas elf which I shall hang from one the trees in the front and move around so the kids can follow him.
We have had a run of steak for dinner lately. If they are decent we buy them. Himself is very particular about steak and as he cooks them I'm not complaining. I rarely eat steak when we go out (whatever that feels like) as I prefer the way he cooks them. So steak, salad, chips and apple crumble and icecream for dessert.
So Ikea does the installation, or rather has contractors install it.
ReplyDeleteOur stone bench is very good and even when it seems like we may have stained it, some rubbing action removes texta, lily pollen and turmeric.
Steak and Greek salad is one of my favourite meals. If we don't have it for a week, I drop a gentle reminder.
I don't need to drop the reminder. A look does it now! We will have someone install the kitchen. They arrange for the stonemason to install the stone top. Texta, lily pollen and turmeric. I hear you.
DeleteKitchens are expensive but as they are our work areas we need them to be functional
ReplyDeleteAnd practical.
As well as looking good
I look forward to the before and after pics
I agree, Angela. They truly are the heart of the home. Must remember to take the daggy before pics.
DeleteRenovations always come in more than we expect them to, but in the end you will have a lovely kitchen to work in.
ReplyDeleteI love steak, baked potato and caesar salad, sadly our BBQ is currently covered in three inches of snow.
We have a BBQ but as it's only two us he cooks inside on a solid iron skillet. After the new kitchen is installed he might be forced outside!
DeleteSounds like an early Christmas present! Hope the news from the inspection guy is all good.
ReplyDeleteChristmas presents for the next 10 years!! But it will be worth it.
ReplyDelete