Wednesday, 13 April 2022

A day out.

Brother and sister in law are about to head off to Italy for six months. Sister in law really doesn't want to go but Brother thinks all will be wonderful when they get there. They have an apartment in a very old (like hundreds of years old) building that is freezing in winter and stinking hot in summer and prone to mould but it has great views and that's why brother bought it. Sister in Law is hoping that she will feel better once she gets there. Italian plumbing leaves a lot to be desired and a house that has been locked up for well over 2 years could have some surprises. I told her to tell Brother that she needs a couple of days in a hotel to get over the flight while he gets the place ready. 

Anyway, she and I caught up at their local shopping centre (Doncaster for those who know) and we had a lovely time. We had a delicious lunch from Papa Rich and then a chocolatey drink at KoKo Black. On the way back to the car through Myer (department store for those who don't know) I saw this. Not sure if it was a cheeky kid or a rebellious store member but it made me giggle.





While I was out Himself started priming the bulkheads in preparation for painting. I didn't need to be told that while he was up the ladder he had a bout of vertigo and nearly lost his balance. Rules are now that there is to be no ladder climbing unless I'm home. So I can call the ambulance. Sheesh.

We are basically at the Easter long weekend now. It doesn't really affect us but it's nice to know we don't have to go anywhere. I have always loved this long weekend as it's historically been a break where batteries get recharged and the weather promises to be cooler. We have never gone away over holiday periods. I can imagine nothing worse!

He will no doubt paint and I will weave or knit or generally faff around. 

I will leave you with this photo that makes me smile. I think he's settled in nicely.



9 comments:

  1. They’re game but I suppose if they’re fully vaxxed they’ll see off any infections that might come their way.
    How high is the infection rate in the area they’re going to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fully vaxxed and she had a nasty bout of Covid over Christmas which he didn't contract so I think they'll be OK. I don't think their area is too bad. It's a small town right in the middle of Italy near Perugia.

      Delete
  2. I don't know where the apartment is but six months in Italy sounds lovely.

    Sleeping cats look so lovely, like sleeping children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in a town called Todi in the middle of Italy. About a two hour drive from Rome, I think.
      Like children, cats are full on or asleep!

      Delete
  3. I have only been to Italy once and loved every minute of the place! A lot depends on where they are based - probably a small hill town would be ideal although I especially enjoyed Florence and a day trip to the Isle of Capri. Have a lovely restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed in a small hill town. They travel a lot around Italy and are well place to go North or South.

      Delete
  4. A big day out for you and relatively easy to get there.
    That is one very relaxed cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eastlink is indeed a blessing. The cat is currently chewing my toes. Not so relaxing but give it 5 minutes and he'll be asleep again!

      Delete
  5. My money is on a cheeky teenager for that piece of art
    Oh how I’d love to go to Italy for a few months.
    Although I’d like a house with heating and cooling

    ReplyDelete