Monday, 11 April 2022

Another messy Monday

It seems like forever we have been living in chaos. Mick is still here finishing stuff off although I think the consensus is to leave things as they are for now until Himself has painted the walls and bulkheads and the stone benches go in. Then Mick will come back to lay the tiles on the wall and hang the cupboard doors. 

The dust that has been created is horrible. 

I caught up with J for brunch and a good natter. She lost her dog a week or so ago to diabetes. Very sad as she was only 5. Their house is on the market and she feels the agent has over priced it. I don't know why they went with that agent. If you think of our suburb two agents come to mind and theirs isn't one of them. I know with all the on line real estate is shouldn't make a difference but I think it does. An agent known for selling in the area has people waiting to buy, know what price range is realistic etc. I do know that if ever we sell this place we will go for the agent we bought through as they are masters at getting a really good price. If I was buying I would go with someone else!

Home and a walk with Himself and the dogs which was nice. 

A quiet day tomorrow, I hope. Himself has a lunch with a bunch of people he worked with back in the early '90s. They have kept in touch with semi regular lunches and this is the first since Covid. It will involve a train trip to the city and a walk to Carlton to an Italian restaurant. He will get to see the new underground stations on the Frankston line. 

I hope to weave. 

8 comments:

  1. Just turn a blind eye to all the dust and do anything to keep you busy
    There is nothing to do but wait it out
    Your mantra should be
    It will be worth it in the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. An agent telling a vendor their house is worth more than it is? How unusual! Not.

    I remember my brother taking down a solid brick wall in one of our houses. Now that was serious cement dust.

    I found the new stations on the FKN line rather underwhelming. I am not sure what I was expecting. They work well enough.

    Back to agents, you must always remember they are lying, whether you are buying or selling. Just keep that in mind and you have one over them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red dust from the bricks they had to chisel for wiring is awful. We also realised that the holes the dogs had dug in the back garden create their own level of dusty hell.

      Delete
  3. How are your little cats coping with the noise and the mess?
    The nearby suburb of Mooroolbark has a monstrosity of a new overhead station and car park - changed the whole look of the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats are in the bedroom when tradies are here. More to stop them escaping. They seem to love the chaos as it makes for great hiding places.
      I am constantly amazed at how our landscapes are changing with all the rail works.

      Delete
  4. Kitchen renos always cause such chaos. Hopefully it will be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we can start to get some order happening over Easter. Nothing can really be done until the bench tops go in and that will be a couple of weeks at least.

      Delete