I had my car serviced today. Turns out I have slow leak in one of my tyres caused by a puncture that is too close the tyre wall to repair. Whatever that means. I need a new tyre on a 12 month old vehicle.
K was going to pick me up but she had family and health issues so I opted to wander around the shops. C rang and said she was coming to get me and take me to the yarn coffee shop. She did and I bought yarn and a hook to crochet a cardigan (I'd left my knitting at home). I started the cardigan but had to pull it out (frog it for those who know the terminology) as my count was out and I remembered that I always go a hook size up as I am a tight crocheter. I now have an extra hook I didn't need! It was a lovely catch up with C and J, though. And my car took longer so it would have been a very long stroll in a shopping centre that has a definite use by time limit.
Himself agreed that my idea for the microwave was good. We went out to Ikea and bought the microwave and the extra drawer panel. As we were leaving I mentioned that the specs said it needed a 16amp fuse. Whatever that means. Apparently it means a lot. We had to return the unit to Ikea as the sparky said it wasn't possible to rewire the kitchen to suit.
I think I have found a microwave from Appliances Online that is cheaper and will fit the bill. Although after my last debacle I'm not holding my breath!
I don’t understand all that technical stuff. I just buy what I think looks good. That’s why I always have to have hubby along to work out the details lol
ReplyDeleteExactly, Angela. Himself didn't have his reading glasses so didn't see the specs on the label. It was sheer chance I mentioned it.
Delete16 amp fuse doesn't sound much. I am surprised but I respect the professional opinion. Our combo washing machine dryer came from Appliances Online and they were terrific at such a cheap price, but subsequently I've noted they are not always cheap.
ReplyDeleteI didn't think it was much but the sparky said it just wasn't doable. Appliances Online price match so we always do some homework first.
Delete