Sunday, 17 April 2022

Easter Sunday

 



Nothing much happening here today. More painting and weaving. The dogs have been walked and we are going to Three and Amy's for dinner.

Did you know that "Easter" comes from the name of a pagan Anglo-Saxon goddess? Her name was Eostre and she was the goddess of Spring and renewal. In other European countries Easter comes from the Jewish Passover. Greeks celebrate Pascha, Italians Pasqua, Danes Paaske and French Paque.  This article explains it and more.

Whatever you believe, I hope you have/had a wonderful Sunday.

12 comments:

  1. Too many Buddhist Thais celebrating Easter today for my liking. It was hard to find a Thai place open for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How dare they. One religion or the other I say.

      Delete
  2. We had Ana’s birthday party today. We don’t really celebrate this Easter.
    Our Easter is next week. But even that won’t feel like Easter as it’s all a bit, here we go again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you get your easter eggs at a discount price! A good friend's mother was of Russian/Yugoslav extraction and she used to stock up in the sales for her Easter celebrations.

      Delete
  3. Looks as if kitty ate all of the Easter eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently chocolate is bad for cats and dogs but I had a cat once who licked the roof of the chocolate house I had made for a christmas raffle.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your visit to family on this special day. It's one of the few days in the year when I cook a big family meal. We had an Australian leg of lamb and it got a big round of applause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are justifiably proud of our lamb. I'm glad it went down well.

      Delete
  5. We had the pleasure of going to the neaest COVID testing station first thing Easter morning and are now in isolation for 7 days since I have it. I'm sure no one else's Easter was as bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You poor thing. I hope you're not to crook with it.

      Delete