Saturday, 23 April 2022

Family

We had a lovely evening last night.

We went to one of our old haunts for dinner and it was delicious. We invested money in the pokies and broke even. (Had we cashed in sooner we would have been ahead but that was on the first spin and that wasn't going to happen).

We came home and shared a bottle of champagne with some cheese and biscuits and watched the entire first season of "Line of Duty" (we have seen it before) until 1.30 this morning.

Needless to say we were a bit late getting up but managed to get to the Langy pub in time to catch up with the Queensland mob, Three and his lot and One and his. It was a great day. It would have been perfect if Two could have made it but some things just can't be. We will see him in June.

Stepson turns 50 next March so we are all planning a trip to Brisbane then.

I have just got off the phone from a long chat with One. We don't catch up enough. 

A cheese platter for dinner with another bottle of bubbles. 

Life is pretty good at the moment.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day
    Enjoy those bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Mmmm ... champers and biscuits most certainly makes a nice late evening snack :-) I was introduced to the "pokies" when I went over to visit my family in Toowoomba,Queensland. I am so useless on those things and as usual won nothing. Now if Sr P had been with me that would have been another story, he has incredible luck or knowhow! Bless his heart he always shares his winnings with me LOL! AHH! Brisbane...I really loved that city and I am not a city lover much! The boat trip and lunch on board down the river was stupendous! I so loved my two visits to OZ and so hope to return. Really got to take Sr P whale watching...that was out of this world. Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whale watching is special. I'm glad you like Brisbane. Now come back and see more!

      Delete
  3. That was a lovely get together and celebration. Time flies so it's important to make as many memories as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great watching them all interact and catch up.

      Delete
  4. I'm pleased to hear your celebrations went so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a special weekend, that's for sure.

      Delete