We had a bit of a lie in this morning as there was no need to get up. At one point I had the two dogs on the bed and a cat on me. I swore Jinx was farting but I later came to realise it was Pip (formerly known as Minnie). She can stink out a room, that cat.
On the subject of names we have changed them again. Johnny is now Squeak. Cos that's what he does. Pip suits her as she is little - like a pip squeak. Oh the fun we have in this house!
We took the dogs down to the park and they had a fantastic run with the dog walker's dogs.
Then we went to Karingal. I wanted to get some prescription sunglasses as I need the multi focal for distance when driving, middle for reading the console and close for my phone (not when driving, obviously). The lass who served me was hopeless. I know she is new (she is the one that stuffed up my computer glasses last time, I realised) but DON"T call me Lovey. Listen to what I want - SUNGLASSES. And learn the special you are trying to sell me. I chose a pair of $89 frames which, with the lenses, would come in at over $450 less whatever the health fund rebate is. They have a special on where every frame in the shop is no more than $199 and if you buy 2 you get 30% off the entire order. As this chick fluffed and faffed around my anxiety was heading skyward at a great rate. "I just want a pair of prescription sunglasses. How hard can his be?" At which point a lovely woman took me in hand, apologised, explained the special and helped me choose 2 frames. So I get 2 pairs of glasses (sunglasses and normal) with frames that normally sell for over $200 for about $100 more than I would have paid for just the sunnies.
I went to Big W and managed to get a book for Ivy's 3rd birthday on Monday for $10 less than I would have paid yesterday so I got her another book as well, and then 4 Lindt bunnies in case the grandkids pop over.
We bought hot cross buns for tomorrow (traditional fruit ones - none of this fancy schmancy stuff for me) and some other bits and pieces and came home. The shops were chaotic.
I now have no reason to leave the house until next week if I choose to hibernate. I have booked a skin check for next Wednesday and my car for a service the week after. I am almost organised.
My multi focus go dark in the sunlight, too dark really. They go dark quickly but take ages to undarken. However when driving they barely darken because I am not in bright light. I bought clip-on sunglasses which are fine but really now I never use them.
ReplyDeleteYou are clearly a difficult customer with your simple needs.
Aldi received the accolade for the best hot cross buns, between Coles, Woolsworth, IGA and a chain bakery. None on the shelves today but I had a feel in a box, these feel like buns, broke open the box and extracted a half dozen packet.
It will be a pity that the Lindt bunnies will go to waste if the grands don't turn up.
I don't like transition lenses for your exact reasons. And they don't work in cars because car windows don't let the UV through which is needed to get the lens to darken. Or something.
DeleteAt least I didn't turn into a screaming Karen.
If the grands don't turn up, Himself and I will make the ultimate sacrifice and consume them ourselves. Just as well we have 4 grands in Melbourne.
I was at karingal Tuesday and Wednesday and I couldn’t BELIVE how much it’s changed. I realised I hadn’t been since before all the lockdowns
ReplyDeleteI’m glad the older and wiser lady took over. I can imagine how stressful it was for you. Glad you got it all sorted
Karingal is amazing isn't it? Nothing like it used to be and I think putting the supermarkets and food shops in the same area was genius.
DeleteHave a lovely stress-free weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Chris. That is the plan.
Delete