I walked the dogs again. Each day we have walked slightly further. Jinx is a gem on the lead but Murphy pulls and zig zags which is dangerous as I have already tripped over dogs in the past.
The kitchen is slowly coming along. You can still cut the atmosphere with a knife and I feel sorry for Mick. He's an easy going bloke and Himself has two ways of doing things - his way and the wrong way.
Some years ago we gave Lite n Easy a go. Himself suggested that while we are living in dust covered chaos it might be an idea to order the frozen meals for a month or so. So I have. I ordered 21 dinners and 10 soups. I will have the soups for lunch and we will each have a dinner. They are really good. Stepson's sister in law works for them in Queensland and the owner won't list a meal unless it's been tried by his staff and family and given the thumbs up. If nothing else it will, hopefully, break the cycle of crappy eating I have lapsed back into. We decided on 5 days a week and that gives us a couple of days to go to the pub or get takeaway and it's much cheaper this way.
I have so many ideas for weaving buzzing around in my brain that I really need to get this damned scarf finished and off the loom. It will go with another two to L'arte and if she sells them well and good but I want to start doing things that bring me joy and cheap acrylic mindless weaving doesn't.
Himself had his annual skin check today. Considering how much time he spends outside without a hat and growing up a fair skinned European in the Australian sun, he has done well. Nothing nasty but keep an eye on the moles which is easy with the annual checks. Note to self: book mine!
Yep, that describes my mind with the addition of still operating with Windows 95 on dial up.
ReplyDeleteMurphy must be pulled into line and taught to walk properly, before he becomes set in his bad ways.
Your Lite and Easy experience sounds interesting and I will keep it in mind.
Murphy will bend to my will.
DeleteI’ll be interested to know how the dinners work out, are they …..tempting nourishing nice to look at, edible, filling or do you feel you need something more
ReplyDeleteFrom our past experience they aren't too bad. Better than what you find in the supermarket, for sure.
DeleteNever tried the dinners such as you have, and really have no intention to. I feel we eat healthy meals and I don't mind doing the prep. Hope they are good. Would be interested in what the meals consist of.
ReplyDeleteHubby has had skin cancers removed, one will be done on his neck in a couple of weeks.
Pat, in the past I used them as a weight loss tool with some success. This time around it's purely for the convenience with not having a kitchen and everything is covered in plaster and brick dust.
DeleteA good excuse to go easy on the cooking front. I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from my left ear, the one that faces the sun when I'm driving. A friend had the same thing.
ReplyDeleteI will be so glad to have a functioning kitchen again!
DeleteI’m waiting for life to slow down.
ReplyDeleteHopefully soon.
Renovations are like that. I’ve been known to pack the kids and head to the country to visit relatives to avoid all the Reno crap
When I was not mentally well a couple of weeks go it was suggested I go away for a few weeks - seeing as every 5 minutes it's "Cazza, come and look at this" "Cazza we're missing a panel" "Cazza ......"
DeleteI think I should have bloody gone!