We took the dogs for a walk to the park this morning and they had a good play with other dogs. It was bloody hot in the sun and I am sweating as I write this (it's just gone 5pm).
When we first came to Melbourne we lived in a Bayside suburb and made friends with a sailing family. I remember being told that Easter saw the last sailing event as it was the last of the good weather. Regardless of when Easter fell. I guess that makes sense as the moon dictates some of our weather, I believe. Easter is the first full moon after the March equinox. Hopefully after next weekend we will see the cooler autumn weather arrive considering we're halfway through the season!
Himself and I went to the local shopping centre for brunch and so I could buy a specific ball of yarn for K as it's a bit out of her way. Then home to potter.
I decided to warp the loom with some strong yarn to try making something out of fabric scraps. It's an experiment but I have seen some lovely ideas on the interwebs. When I warp I leave the ball of yarn on the floor as it's easier. Two kittens thought this was a great game. I will have to try to work out a way of containing the yarn - or the cats. The Stig was never interested but he was a bit special. I don't think he knew what cats were meant to do.
Himself has gone to Bunnings. The day ends in 'Y' so it's tradition.
Our great leader has called the Federal election. 41 days of political nonsense and name calling. And then we will have to go through it all again towards the end of the year when we have our State elections. I really have no strong leanings in any direction any more as they all seem as bad as each other.
They certainly do seem to be as bad as each other but this one has been the worse I’ve known in the 49.5 years we’ve been here in Australia.
ReplyDeleteThe slogan for the election held the week we arrived - it’s time’ - as someone who really has no political leanings I feel it definitely is time for this mob to leave.
You have been here about the same amount of time as I have. We arrived in November '71.
DeleteAt least back then there was some respect towards politicians and, even if you didn't agree with them, they did seem to want to do the right thing.
I really can't remember a worse government. As a newspaper editorial told us today, we have to think of our young people, their concerns and the world we leave them.
ReplyDeleteIn the olden days we might have stuffed up but at least we did it with the best of intentions. These days it's all about me and what I can get now and bugger the future.
DeleteWe have a provincial election coming up in June and our dear leader has been giving us all sorts of treats to help him remain in power! The other day I got a refund of my vehicle license fee and he is removing the provincial tax from gas soon. There's another one but I forget what it is. None of these will buy him my vote however.
ReplyDeleteThey're the same the world over!
DeleteI hope it doesn’t just go from warm to freezing. A gently lowering into the winter weather would be lovely
ReplyDeleteI giggled at the comment “days that end in y” I think I like that rule so I’m going to adopt it lol
Love to see some pics of your weaving.
I must remember to take pics. I tend to give away first! When does Melbourne ever do gentle? It's stinking hot or freezing cold in a matter of days!
Delete