Sunday, 2 October 2022

Daylight Saving

This morning the clocks went forward an hour. I am probably the only person in Australia who really couldn't care less if the clocks stayed where they are meant to be!

When I was nursing it was great being on nights when the clocks went forward as we worked an hour less - not so great at the other end! And the pain of doing a late/early and losing a precious hour of sleep between shifts was hell.

Anyway. I finally got up at what would have been a reasonable hour but the clocks shook their heads at me in a disappointed way. Boo sucks to them.

After checking on yesterday's gardening efforts (all still alive) I started on the playroom. It was actually meant to be a bedroom for when the grandkids come and we still have a bed in it but the girls call it the play room so that is what it is. And Sally sleeps in the queen bed in the guest room when she has a sleepover. 

This is what it looked like after I had started sorting the mess.



And now it's all neat and tidy. I moved all the craft stuff out so there is no temptation to draw on the furniture or the books. I tossed a lot of incomplete puzzles and crappy plastic shit. The pictures will eventually get hung or tossed. (There are a lot more out of frame on the bed).


A quick tidy and vac in the guest room


and the main bathroom.


And that was how I spent my Sunday. 

Chicken for dinner with salad leaves and radishes from the garden. Woohoo!!

The only good thing about daylight saving is that wine o'clock is an hour sooner.

Cheers.

 

6 comments:

  1. You are absolutely a very good housekeeper. I admire that and wish I had more of it in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mary you make me laugh! I am the worst housekeeper in the world. I don't show you photos of the dog hair. I growl at Himself if he moves things cos then the dust shows up. I have always felt life is too short to be constantly cleaning.

      Delete
  2. I love that floor in your main bathroom, and a beautiful tub. I love clawfoot tubs, even though I rarely take baths. They're just so pretty to look at.

    Did you make that quilt in the guest bedroom? I'm also very envious of your huge windows. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bath is lovely and I always wanted one but being cast iron the water cools down very quickly. I didn't make the quilt, a friend did and it matched the bedding so well she gave it to me. Big windows are great but they aren't very energy efficient.

      Delete
  3. I love the tile in the bathroom. We have an old cast iron clawfoot as well. I want to reglaze it this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your having an early bout of spring cleaning fever.
    I’m yet to catch that bug lol

    ReplyDelete