Friday, 28 October 2022

Friday

😁 This is BoM. It has looked like this for too long.


I'm glad my musical choices were enjoyed.

For those of you that don't know John Farnham (non- Australians, obviously) here are a couple of my favourites.





Sadly, he was recently diagnosed with an aggressive tumour in his mouth. He underwent hours of surgery and has survived but we don't know whether he will ever sing again. Indeed, we don't even know if he can speak. Such a talented, generous man.

Our local real estate agent gives free bags for shopping. They come with advertising material and often colouring competitions for kids. Last week we grabbed a bag as we went out without one and I gave Sally the Halloween colouring page for something to do. Guess who was one of two winners? She is very chuffed with herself. 



When I got home from another lovely craft day I found Himself has been going through the dictionary looking for good scrabble words! And he gave me a list of music to put on my Scrabble playlist. I now have nearly 9 hours!

Guess what I'm going to do now.

12 comments:

  1. So over this rain. I had Ana today and she kept asking to go out. Of course we couldn’t as it was pelting down. She was not a happy little camper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least today it should be sporadic but it's still too wet underfoot.

      Delete
  2. Farnham is a bit of an Australian icon. I think it is unlikely he will sing again in public but he might enjoy belting out You're the Voice in his shower.
    How good is Sally. You must be a proud granny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. She is a bit special, Mary. Her delight is obvious.

      Delete
  4. Your hubby is competitive. I'm guessing you both are:)

    Poor John Farnham. Head and neck cancers are awful.

    I remember winning a colouring contest when I was a kid, I was so excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are both a bit competitive!
      I was fortunate to not see many head and necks when I worked in oncology. They went to a different hospital.

      Delete
  5. What is BoM? Cool coloring winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bureau of Meteorology. In true Aussie fashion it gets shortened. You can see radar of rain fall which is really cool and sometimes a bit depressing. Andrew wrote a good post a day or so ago about the hooha surrounding the abbreviation and the subsequent backflip.

      Delete
  6. Sally is so cute....John(ny) Farnham is so much part of our youth and beyond....Peta

    ReplyDelete