Finally. The first sock took several weeks. The second one only took a week. I mucked up the row count on the heel flap on the first - the second fits much better but for a first attempt using sock yarn I am pretty chuffed.
Craft again today. A good laugh and a good chat. I have started the next pair of socks. Not sure whether to repeat the above pattern or try a new one. I have a while to go until I need to choose which heel technique to use.
Picked Scallywag up for the last time for now. We will have her after school some days but it will be our choice.
Very sad to hear about the car that ploughed into a day care centre today, injuring an 11 month old baby and 3 adults. Fortunately there weren't more injuries. Another case of accelerator over brake or first gear over reverse - news isn't clear but either way should the driver be behind the wheel?
In a few years a trivia question will be "who was PM of the UK when Queen Elizabeth died?" And I bet very few will remember her name. What a bloody joke that is. I thought we were bad!
At the moment the barometer is dropping but the temperature is still in the low 20's (*C) and it is quite unpleasant.
Teriyaki salmon, spuds and asparagus for dinner.

The socks look lovely. Your only going to get better and better. Each time I’m going to try the knit two socks at once but I’m going to have to do it during knitting group so I can get help from the two barbs that can read a knitting pattern
ReplyDeleteOr I can pop over to give you a hand. I won't be trying two at a time until I have mastered one at a time! The thought of frogging to balls of yarn at a time makes me shudder!
DeleteI keep telling myself ‘one day’ the sock fairy might make an appearance in my house.
ReplyDeleteTell you what has made an appearance at my house…..the thunder and lightning- but no rain….yet
I am really enjoying them. I just need to get a bit quicker.
DeleteWe got a rumble of thunder first thing and a lot of rain overnight.
The socks look quite good.
ReplyDeleteThe driver of the car who ploughed into the child care centre, according to commercial media was in her thirties, not the usual old person who mistook the the brake and accelerator. Victoria's driving standard tests are very below par. It never used to be the done thing to hotlink to someone's photo but now I am not sure. Maybe people need pedal labels. https://shotbymatt.files.wordpress.com/2022/10/photo00002828.jpg?w=849
But how do you read them when you're driving? Sadly, youth doesn't always mean good driving. I am always stunned that once you get your licence that's it unless you do something stupid. Technically you could even drive if blind.
DeleteThe socks look great, well done you!
ReplyDeleteWhy, thank you.
DeleteLove the socks! They are pretty and look nice and cozy!
ReplyDeleteHow is your boy? Is he out of hospital yet? I worry...
He is out of hospital. He has been told to take time off work. He said he will reduce his hours. I feel sorry for his wife.
DeleteLove those socks.
ReplyDeleteI am rather pleased with them, Pixie.
DeleteOh British politics! But wonderful socks.
ReplyDeleteThank you - I'll stick with socks. Politics make my brain hurt!
Delete