Tuesday, 11 October 2022

Tuesday trifles

The blanket. The fringe is actually quite even, unlike how it looks here.



The weave I did gives a slightly different appearance on each side 



A tomato. I think it has a bud. I will keep three in the vege pod (I'll toss a couple that aren't doing all that well), and have two in the spud bags in the open. I'll cover them with something when they start to fruit. I also have about a dozen that have sprouted from seed. Not sure where they will go!



Look at all these lettuce leaves.



And the bright red radish peeking through the dirt. We will have them tonight. Hopefully they won't have gone woody.


Tomorrow and Thursday have more torrential rain forecast. Our illustrious leader, Chairman Dan, even gave a press conference about it. I guess now that the Covid crisis is over (as of midnight tomorrow) he needs something else to rabbit on about in the lead up to the election.

From the office of the premier ...

"From 11.59pm on Wednesday, 12 October, the pandemic declaration will end -"



Has anyone had any issues with their blog being deleted? Andrew from Highriser appears to have disappeared. I am a tad concerned.

Dinner tonight is chicken parma with chippies and salad. I can't wait until I no longer have to buy tomatoes!



12 comments:

  1. And slowly Andrew Highriser will reinvent his blog after a most unfortunate loss.

    While I know many are taking what Andrews and authorities are saying lightly, I remember the scoffing at then Premier Brumby warning us of a horrendous bushfire day in February 2009. It came to pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are back. I feared the worst.
      I think people would take more notice of the actual emergency people rather than the premier. Pollies are not high on the list of trusted sources.

      Delete
  2. The baby blanket has summery look to it- did you use wool or cotton?
    Mr A has returned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. It's a whirl and whirlette. 60% cotton, 40% acrylic. Perfect for a late November baby.

      Delete
  3. I wondered what had happened to Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the whole blogosphere was worried about what happened to Andrew!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely blanket! Good job!
    And your vegetables are looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. The blanket was a work of love. The veges are delicious.

      Delete
  5. That blanket is beautiful. I wanted to learn how to weave when I was young, don't know why I never learned. Maybe I thought it was too expensive. Is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A rigid heddle loom is not as expensive as the floor/shaft looms. You are limited in design but there are some great books out there. And US/Canada have some great suppliers. Go for it.

      Delete
  6. I love the blanket. I bet it’s nice and soft. Yes the rains are here. Makin the weeds grow even more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the veges, Angela. Look on the bright side!

      Delete