Saturday, 29 October 2022

Saturday Sillies.



The best way to start a scrabble game! And I went on to win. It was close.



I watched a rather awful film on Netflix last night called 13 minutes. It was about a tornado. While the script, casting and acting was very ho-hum I was, once again, in awe of the fury of nature. We are fortunate to not experience the huge tornados that the States do. They must be terrifying. So much damage in such a short time and then - gone! 


Here's a bit of silliness for you






Three and his lot came over today. Alice is just delightful. She is "talking". Apart from talking scribble she is starting to say some words like harro, bye bye, goo girl, dadada, and she plays along with open shut them and row, row, row your boat. 


(You're welcome)


Sally is still riding high on her win from yesterday. Either that or it's all the sugar!



We played three games of scrabble today. (In 2020 we played a total of 408 games - yes, I keep score!). The scrabble playlist was on and "Always on my  mind" came on. 

"why did you pick that" I asked Himself.
"It makes me think of you" he replied.

Shortly after "Fat Bottomed Girls" came on.

"why did you pick that" I asked Himself.

..............................



At least we make the world go round.


Dinner tonight is teriyaki salmon with asparagus and rice. 

How do you cook your rice? Are you a microwave plastic bowl gadget like Andrew, a stove top in a saucepan or an electric rice cooker like me (blame my upbringing in Hong Kong - even in the 60s they were the norm)? 

Or do you have another fool proof go to way of producing light fluffy rice every time?


13 comments:

  1. Mercury was really one hairy dude. Maybe the rice cooker was not my most boring post ever. I think I would like an electric rice cooker but we don't eat much rice and I am used to microwave cooker. I watched a film where the whole of the US faced a flood disaster, including New York. It was a load of shite but still quite gripping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love me a good disaster movie. The plots and acting are usually terrible but the CGI is always worth it.
      Are you suggesting my post was the most boring post ever?!

      Delete
  2. I cook rice on top of the stove, simple enough not to bother with a special appliance.

    Recently was the tenth anniversary of Super storm Sandy which broke over my house, still recovering. There were tornadoes inside the giant storm system, which went on over 12 hours. I'm glad you don't get them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been terrifying. I remember watching the news.
      I have never managed to perfect rice on the stove. Too gluggy or chalky.

      Delete
  3. You guys are really Scrabble-ists, aren't you?
    Pretty cool.
    I cook rice on the stove in a pot and don't really care if it's fluffy or not. I suppose that is the wrong attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It passes the time, I get a lot of knitting done and we sit in quiet contentment. Until one of us loses!

      Delete
  4. I bought a cheap rice cooker and I use that. I used to put it on when I went off to pick kids up from school and by the time I got home the rice was nice and fluffy and it had switched from cooking to keep warm
    Not that I had to go far to pick kids up, as you know lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have made toast in the time it took to get the kids from school and it would still be warm!
      I have had this cooker for at least 15 years.

      Delete
  5. Always a rice cooker! We have three.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always used a pot on the stove but my husband bought me a rice cooker for my birthday, he's such a romantic, and I like it, which surprised me.

    We listened to the Wiggles in the car today while driving someplace with Jack. He loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I discovered microwave rice ( packets with 2 portions....many different varieties) that heats up in 2 minutes I haven't cooked rice again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use that when it's just a quick meal and I don't have any frozen rice. Of late I have tried to spend less overall and the bulk packets cooked and frozen work well.

      Delete