Monday, 3 October 2022

More house stuff

I got the tidying bug and attacked my study/yarn storage area. When we did the kitchen back in March a lot of shit got dumped so I tidied and tossed and polished and now I can see surfaces again. I still need to sort through all my yarn but that is a job for another day. I have the old pantry which you can't see in here and that is full of yarn as well. 




The tubs next to my desk are full of yarn. The office chair is now the cat chair. I prefer the hard dining chair anyway.


When we moved here we turned the 4th bedroom/study into a dressing room/walk in robe. It's fairly tidy today so here it is ...


This is my wardrobe. You can't see inside it as it is a mess. His is behind me,



I have mentioned the jasmine outside our bedroom. You can see it here.


This is the ensuite. Again, when we moved we knocked the old ensuite, which was tiny, and the tiny walk in robe into one big ensuite. I love it. Doesn't every one have their kitty lit tray in their ensuite?



His and hers basins are a must. And yes, that is a bowl of cat food on the floor.


A few weeks ago I bought some prints from L'arte. They are by a Tasmanian artist who specialises in natives. I finally got around to framing them and hanging them. If you biggerise the images you can see they are Australian owls.



The real estate people came and gave us an estimate. About what we expected but I am not moving. We have put too much into this place. Too much money and too much of ourselves. It's a great neighbourhood and we are close to One and Three. Once you factor in stamp duty, agents' fees and moving costs it is almost prohibitive to move, anyway.

Tomorrow I am going to Hastings with J. We will visit our yarn shop and have lunch. We haven't be able to catch up for over 2 weeks so it will be lovely. I might even get some more done on this infernal sock!

12 comments:

  1. Visit a yarn shop?? Sounds as if you could open one with your current stash as stock. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sit in the yarn shop and knit or crochet and drool over the lovely stock. And I was given a voucher from there for my birthday!

      Delete
  2. Big and nice house but so much cleaning for two people. Maybe you should argue for a cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Andrew, it's not hard to clean. I just have to be bothered.

      Delete
  3. What a light and cheerful house and it looks as if you have made it quite your own and quite convenient to your needs. Why does your husband think he might want to move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gets these crazy ideas but this time I am not playing. We are staying put. He is worried he won't be able to maintain the place. So we get it fixed up now and then sit back and enjoy it. I hate having to point out the bleeding obvious but some days he just can't see the wood for the trees.

      Delete
  4. You have a lovely home! I've never had a twin bathroom and find no need. We 'bathroom' one at a time and I'm very happy with that arrangement :) We do have two bathrooms of course and that is something I wouldn't do without.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those things that once we had them I wouldn't be without them.

      Delete
  5. Your home is lovely. I wouldn’t move either. That’s just too much work. Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everything looks great, you have almost identical bedside lights to mine...mine are touch lamps...Of course you need kitty litter in the ensuite....its a toilet right?...lol..Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely! But, I have always wondered about those bathrooms with 2 basins.........do you actually stand side by side and clean your teeth or whatever? The last thing I would want is the husband in the bathroom with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always hard to figure out where to put the cat litter I find. Nothing wrong with your cat using the bathroom where you use it:)

    Your house is lovely and bright.

    ReplyDelete